lhh2003
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How many words should I learn a day for Spanish GCSE ? I know around 300 words currently and I am at the end of year 10.
P_O_T_A_T_O
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi, I currently study A level Spanish (predicted an A*) and I got an A* in GCSE Spanish. Honestly don't worry too much about learning vast quantities of words at this stage in the GCSE course. What I would advise, which certainly helped me during Year 10 and 11 was learning topic related vocabulary that is in your GCSE books or from notes made in class. But have fun with it! Watch spanish movies with english subtitles to get used to the language and perhaps pick up some topic specific vocab from there. So overall, no more than 10 words a week. Hope this helps!
kst_xx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lhh2003)
How many words should I learn a day for Spanish GCSE ? I know around 300 words currently and I am at the end of year 10.
Try the app/website Duolingo. The majority of the topics are related to the GCSE course. If you have any questions just pm me!
Goldsmiths, University of London
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by P_O_T_A_T_O)
Hi, I currently study A level Spanish (predicted an A*) and I got an A* in GCSE Spanish. Honestly don't worry too much about learning vast quantities of words at this stage in the GCSE course. What I would advise, which certainly helped me during Year 10 and 11 was learning topic related vocabulary that is in your GCSE books or from notes made in class. But have fun with it! Watch spanish movies with english subtitles to get used to the language and perhaps pick up some topic specific vocab from there. So overall, no more than 10 words a week. Hope this helps!
This is sound advice, though I wouldn't be too worried if I couldn't understand any Spanish in films at first.

Building vocab can really speed up your Spanish, but you shouldn't neglect the basics of grammar either. Spanish verbs are hard, but you do need to get your basic verb conjugations. I printed out a table for conjugations for regular -ar, -er and -ir verbs and stuck it on my wall. I later moved on to irregular verbs and past, future, conditional, perfect tenses. This helped me to familiarise myself with the rules and increased the number of phrases I could say. Not at all easy, but once you start to get this you can go far.

You're all brave to be taking Spanish; best of luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.69%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.59%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.9%
I need help with my personal statement (58)
40.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25.17%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.1%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.99%

Watched Threads