The Student Room Group

Which university is more well known for Nursing

Poll

Which university is more well known for Nursing

Hi my name is Janette😊

I wanted to know which university are more well known for Adult Nursing in order: Coventry, Birmingham city,Surrey,Southampton, London South Bank and City of London uni. I feel like it’s in between Southampton and Surrey. Any current and past students of these university are more than welcomed to preach about their uni.

Thanks Guys, this is my first chat, I’m so excited for the feedback!❤️
Original post by Jj1EM
Hi my name is Janette😊

I wanted to know which university are more well known for Adult Nursing in order: Coventry, Birmingham city,Surrey,Southampton, London South Bank and City of London uni. I feel like it’s in between Southampton and Surrey. Any current and past students of these university are more than welcomed to preach about their uni.

Thanks Guys, this is my first chat, I’m so excited for the feedback!❤️

Hi, I’m coming to the end of my first year at Surrey. I guess it’s pretty well known for nursing, midwifery & paramedic science. Overall I’m happy at Surrey, some improvements could be made if I’m honest, but they are open to feedback and improving the course.
Reply 2
Original post by mel_l218
Hi, I’m coming to the end of my first year at Surrey. I guess it’s pretty well known for nursing, midwifery & paramedic science. Overall I’m happy at Surrey, some improvements could be made if I’m honest, but they are open to feedback and improving the course.

Congrats for almost finishing uni 🎉🎉🎉 What did you study in Surrey and what type of improvement need to be made. I actually attended their open day the campus looked posh than Southampton but then again there were making alterations for next year.

Thanks for commenting on my chat and being the first.
Reply 3
Original post by AppleB
In Birmingham, Birmingham City University has been ranked the highest for Nursing surpassing University of Birmingham. Coventry university is very good for nursing too!

https://www.theguardian.com/education/ng-interactive/2018/may/21/university-guide-2019-league-table-for-nursing-midwifery

Facilities and support available at the university is also incredibly important. Check out the open days :smile:

Thanks Yh I think facilities and support is a major factor. Birmingham City is doing well for itself. Do you know where you read that information from I want to show it to my friends.
Go to an open day :smile:
it doesn't matter which is better known. when doing nursing, what matters is what university you want to study at, what you feel more comfortable at and what works for you. ultimately what you want is a course that will finish with you being eligible to enter the nmc register.
They’re all really good unis! I see a lot of BCU nurses on twitter, and with my granddad in hospital right now, I see a lot of the LSBU, City and Kings student nurses. I’d say go to the open days if you can, especially ones that aren’t close to you, and get a feel. Most of them normally have a nursing open day.
Reply 7
Original post by AppleB
Go to an open day :smile:

Hi, I’ve been to Southampton and Surrey ‘s open days.
Reply 8
Original post by deviant182
it doesn't matter which is better known. when doing nursing, what matters is what university you want to study at, what you feel more comfortable at and what works for you. ultimately what you want is a course that will finish with you being eligible to enter the nmc register.

I guess that’s true.But all the unis which I have listed are the ones that preferably I would like to go and I need to find some way of eliminating them. Otherwise I would have a real trouble with my insurance and offer.
Original post by Jj1EM
I guess that’s true.But all the unis which I have listed are the ones that preferably I would like to go and I need to find some way of eliminating them. Otherwise I would have a real trouble with my insurance and offer.

Where could you see yourself living? You’re going to be spending the best part of at least three years at wherever you choose, you might even take a job there on qualifying, it’s pretty common with nurses.
Original post by Jj1EM
Congrats for almost finishing uni 🎉🎉🎉 What did you study in Surrey and what type of improvement need to be made. I actually attended their open day the campus looked posh than Southampton but then again there were making alterations for next year.

Thanks for commenting on my chat and being the first.

Hi, I’m studying adult nursing. I personally feel one of the modules of first year could be improved (amount of in-class teaching & assignment support) otherwise I’ve been happy.
Feel free to ask more questions & I’ll try my best to help
Reply 11
Original post by mel_l218
Hi, I’m studying adult nursing. I personally feel one of the modules of first year could be improved (amount of in-class teaching & assignment support) otherwise I’ve been happy.
Feel free to ask more questions & I’ll try my best to help

Did you feel as if they were quite stingy on support . How was the lecturers like?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending