shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Do you like to re-read books? Or do you read a book once and that’s it? :holmes:
username4115212
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I only read once. I don’t enjoy re reading since you know what’s going to happen and the ending .
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I re-read books as a child but just don't have the time for that any more.
sarcasticfan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I LIVE FOR RE-READING. I love finding out new things i had missed the first time.
0lut0
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends on how good the book is and how long it is. When I was younger I would re-read a lot of my action novels the Grk book series was sick I could read those novels over and over as well as Molly Moon.
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
When it comes to educational books such as self help, philosophical or spiritual books, I like to re-read as I attain a deeper understanding of the information that I'm taking in.
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lost count how many times I have re-read Salem's Lot by Stephen King :love:
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
Do you like to re-read books? Or do you read a book once and that’s it? :holmes:
Thought about to re-read some passages of books I have read through yet. But as there are so many unread of them, I decided to tend to read those first.
Hiraeth.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have re-read the harry potter series and a couple of childhood favourites multiple times.

Never re-reading IT again. It was a masterpiece but it will take me at least another year aha
SignalHD
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I re-read books that I find intriguing which are mostly Harlan Coben books
Toastiekid
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yesss, I reread books quite a lot either because I have forgotten what happened, forgot I've read it:facepalm:, can't go to the library or can't spend money on new books:sadnod: or, finally, I'm in a bad mood and I know the book will make me either have a good cry:cry: or brighten my mood:yep:
DrawTheLine
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I only read it once. When I'm done with a book I give it to charity.
X_exceed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
One time only, unless it's an educational book.
10cking
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I usually only read once, but certain books require a re-read for you to truly appreciate it. For example, Sarah J Mass’s A Court of Thorns and Roses series DEFINITELY requires re-reading because there are so many things that you miss or misinterpret on this first read. However, I’ve found that there are many books that once you’ve read them once you don’t need to read them again.
Kvothe the Arcane
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends on the book but I generally don't. It's worth doing for treasured works of ones I've not read in years.

For instance, I'm thinking at one point going over the classics I read a child. For one, I barely remember them and two, I probably couldn't critically appreciate them as much as I would, as an adult.
Kallisto
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by shadowdweller)
You was not talking about novels only? no restriction again? if educational or non-fiction books count to, I re-read many times. Novels are different.
shadowdweller
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
You was not talking about novels only? no restriction again? if educational or non-fiction books count to, I re-read many times. Novels are different.
No restriction again, that's right
sinfonietta
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I re-read a very small percentage of books. For the most part I would rather read something new, but if I get the urge to revisit a book/series I will happily re-read it.
Tootles
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I reread books I like, yes. I retain details very well and so I don't forget plots, but I still enjoy reading books again if I liked them the first time.
Simone250900
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
re read them i love books
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (235)
66.57%
No (118)
33.43%

Watched Threads