God Truly Exists....It's something that I have meditated over

Watch
LeoKisia
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
The world is too PERFECT to have just EVOLVED!! Think of minute things such as DNA in our bodies, the functionality of the human BRAIN, the birth of a CHILD. On the outside, think of nature, the weather pattern... Everything is in PERFECT SYNCHRONY. I am still anti-religion but I am PRO-DEITY(A believer that a higher being exists). YOU CANT JUST MAKE THIS UP!! The world is surely designed. I think a HIGHER BEING DID IT!! I call him GOD!
username4167452
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LeoKisia)
The world is too PERFECT to have just EVOLVED!! Think of minute things such as DNA in our bodies, the functionality of the human BRAIN, the birth of a CHILD. On the outside, think of nature, the weather pattern... Everything is in PERFECT SYNCHRONY. I am still anti-religion but I am PRO-DEITY(A believer that a higher being exists). YOU CANT JUST MAKE THIS UP!! The world is surely designed. I think a HIGHER BEING DID IT!! I call him GOD!
What if we think the world is in perfect synchrony because it seems relatively flawless. We don’t know if these perfections may not be so perfect. The concept of DNA can easily be explained by simple biochemistry as well as the functionality of the brain. Don’t be so fooled lol
theJoyfulGeek
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You have a perfectly valid opinion, and you are valid as a person, and I respect your opinion and you are entitled to have your own beliefs, etc...

But I disagree. The world isn't designed. It isn't perfect. People evolved and the evidence proving that is much more likely than what you say. I am a proud Atheist, and I believe things when there is actual proof. Like, Darwin's theory of evolution. Sounds believable, gives evidence. Not "oh yeah, the world is perfect". Because it isn't. Millions of people are dying every day. Species still change over time. We have found bones and fossil remains showing that we have changed.
username3911170
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Oh OP, I suggest u to read more science books *pat*
username4167452
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Çharizard)
Oh OP, I suggest u to read more science books *pat*
Can virtually guarantee OP is an English Lit student xD
Christopher77
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just because the world has been well ‘designed’ for life to evolve and to exist on this Earth, does not then propel to the motion that there has to be a creator to have designed it; since Earth is the only planet we so far know that has sustainable life does not suggest that it is perfect. How do you explain the copious amounts of evidence for evolution. This is just a mere fallacy of cosmological argument:
I’ve laid out your argument and their premises:
1. I observe that the motions of nature work without aid from any intelligence.
2. Therefore the animals and elements of nature should be ‘programmed’ to fulfil its purpose - teleology.
3. This complex and stunningly beautiful system could not have come about by chance - if must have created by God.

This is fallacious because it suggest that there has to be a mover to thus create subsequent the following motions: Genesis being the first. But we now have swathes of evidence for evolution - making your argument out-of-date.
LeoKisia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Christopher77)
Just because the world has been well ‘designed’ for life to evolve and to exist on this Earth, does not then propel to the motion that there has to be a creator to have designed it; since Earth is the only planet we so far know that has sustainable life does not suggest that it is perfect. How do you explain the copious amounts of evidence for evolution. This is just a mere fallacy of cosmological argument:
2. Therefore the animals and elements of nature should be ‘programmed’ to fulfil its purpose - teleology.
3. This complex and stunningly beautiful system could not have come about by chance - if must have created by God.

This is fallacious because it suggest that there has to be a mover to thus create subsequent the following motions: Genesis being the first. But we now have swathes of evidence for evolution - making your argument out-of-date.
Then how do you explain this 'PERFECTION?' You dispute the existence of God, but can you prove that He DOESNT EXIST?
Anonymous #1
Report 2 years ago
What’s the point in a debate like this? It’ll never be resolved.
LeoKisia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shalommmmmmmm)
What if we think the world is in perfect synchrony because it seems relatively flawless. We don’t know if these perfections may not be so perfect. The concept of DNA can easily be explained by simple biochemistry as well as the functionality of the brain. Don’t be so fooled lol
It is like saying physics and engineering can explain the way a plane engine moves without asking who created the plane in the FIRST PLACE. Question is, how did that plane come into existence? The answer is Through the ideas of THE WRIGHT BROTHERS. Now answer this: What is the origin of the DNA?
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Now answer this: What is the origin of the DNA?
Aliens. Go ahead and prove me wrong.
DEͥSTͣIͫNY
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
What if everything was just a coincidence?
If God did exist, why is the universe so big, eventhough we are probably never going to see most of it?
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Bait.
LeoKisia
Rep:
?
(Original post by theJoyfulGeek)
You have a perfectly valid opinion, and you are valid as a person, and I respect your opinion and you are entitled to have your own beliefs, etc...

But I disagree. The world isn't designed. It isn't perfect. People evolved and the evidence proving that is much more likely than what you say. I am a proud Atheist, and I believe things when there is actual proof. Like, Darwin's theory of evolution. Sounds believable, gives evidence. Not "oh yeah, the world is perfect". Because it isn't. Millions of people are dying every day. Species still change over time. We have found bones and fossil remains showing that we have changed.
Even DEATH ITSELF shows that we are designed to exist, procreate and fade away. Life is supposed to be self-sustaining by constantly giving rise to new while the old phase away. Think of how you eat a nice meal but a few hours later, you get a call of nature to remove the unpleasant and 'unused part' of the delicious meal you just ate. In this post, I talk about the DESIGN and ORIGIN of life. Evolution explains how features have changed over time(some of which I agree). the question is: HOW DID THE VERY FIRST HOMO-ERECTUS COME INTO EXISTENCE with full features and ability to breath, procreate and EVOLVE? Did it place itself here?
username2889812
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by DEͥSTͣIͫNY)
What if everything was just a coincidence?
If God did exist, why is the universe so big, eventhough we are probably never going to see most of it?
A design by co-incidence?

Christopher77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Then how do you explain this 'PERFECTION?' You dispute the existence of God, but can you prove that He DOESNT EXIST?
I cannot prove the exist of God I am therefore agnostic I could not disprove the existence of a creator that would satisfy a cosmological argument. An atheist is someone who CAN prove that there is no God, the human race doesn’t and can’t produce an atheist with knowledge of God being non-existant. However this is not a satisfying rebuttal you’re making. The perfection is due to aeons of the evolving of living organisms, neither can you disprove this evolution. In Aristotle’s day in Ancient Greek period they thought the sea to be colour of wine. Sight has evolved thus. My problem with religion and with theism is that they claim to know with divine knowledge that the existence can be proved.

Conclusion: Perfection is subjective. Prove the existence of a creator despite swathes of evolutionary evidence.
LeoKisia
Rep:
?
(Original post by Duncan2012)
Aliens. Go ahead and prove me wrong.
I cant prove you wrong on the topic of Aliens because I have never seen them to confirm whether they breathe, die or even procreate. However, I can confirm that humans are designed. Why? did we evolve and teach ourselves how to do basic things such as breathing? How did the homo-erectus come about so that it can evolve?
/JR/
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
An Agnostic Atheist simply lacks the belief and lays claim to knowledge- it does not deny the chance. Therefore the burden of proof is on the theist, as they are laying claim to the factual statement that a god exists. However accurate concrete proof has never been found and probably will never be found, so what you're doing is simply chasing your own tail.
LeoKisia
Rep:
?
I cannot prove the exist of God I am therefore agnostic I could not disprove the existence of a creator that would satisfy a cosmological argument. An atheist is someone who CAN prove that there is no God, the human race doesn’t and can’t produce an atheist with knowledge of God being non-existant. However this is not a satisfying rebuttal you’re making. The perfection is due to aeons of the evolving of living organisms, neither can you disprove this evolution. In Aristotle’s day in Ancient Greek period they thought the sea to be colour of wine. Sight has evolved thus. My problem with religion and with theism is that they claim to know with divine knowledge that the existence can be proved.

Conclusion: Perfection is subjective. Prove the existence of a creator despite swathes of evolutionary evidence.
Can atheists prove that GOD DOESNT EXIST?
username2889812
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Is there a link for those evidences? :ta:
Christopher77
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can atheists prove that GOD DOESNT EXIST?
No, think about it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (94)
13.88%
I'm not sure (32)
4.73%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.61%
I have already dropped out (15)
2.22%
I'm not a current university student (322)
47.56%

Watched Threads