The Student Room Group

Pre Access

I recently studied pre-access science via distance learning. The course was thoroughly enjoyable and I didn't need much help from my tutor. I'm thinking about taking access to science, however I don't have GCSE science. If you've studied pre access and access in science, will most universities still require GCSE?

I'm thinking of nursing or radiography.
Original post by Chrissy2
I recently studied pre-access science via distance learning. The course was thoroughly enjoyable and I didn't need much help from my tutor. I'm thinking about taking access to science, however I don't have GCSE science. If you've studied pre access and access in science, will most universities still require GCSE?

I'm thinking of nursing or radiography.

They will want GCSE Englsih and Maths. If you do Access to science then that should be enough Your best vet is to look ahead at the courses you are interested in and check. they normally only require x units in Chemistry. Not sure about

Example for Radiography.
Access - Access to HE Diploma from a QAA recognised Access to HE course in health studies, health science, nursing or another science-based course. Normally we require 15 credits at level 2 and 45 at level 3 of which at least 30 credits should be graded at distinction level. 18 of the level 3 distinction credits must be from science units.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending