The Student Room Group

2 things you love 1 you hate and 1 new idea

Hey Guys

Thinking this might be a fun challenge for today can you name....

2 things you love about TSR

1 thing you Hate

1 new idea or something you would change

Mine would be....

Love the community of users and the range of different opinions

Love the new thread pages on mobile and soon to be desktop (shallow I know as I worked on the design)

Hate the profile pages and uni connect think they are both really useful things to have but have lacked love and attention.

My new idea would be to make the homepage be more like Facebook where you have a feed of loads of stuff your interested in. So you can just scroll through and see everything relevant e.g. open days from uni's you've been interested in. Treads and posts from people and forums you've followed etc ....

:smile: happy Friday xxx
I love how different the topics are - there’s such a wide variety of topics and almost everything is discussed somewhere. Also I love how those topics include discussions and debates (e.g. about philosophy, theology and society studies) which help us to think and explore important topics.

I love the mobile app and how easy it is to use. It’s also a lot easier to create a new thread IN THE RIGHT SECTION, and it’s handy to take the app with you. It’s improved a lot since the original app :smile:

I’m not sure if this counts but I hate that there are a lot of issues with connecting and restarting. Often the app randomly closes down or the website freezes, and it’s not due to my devices. And I agree - the profile pages could be a lot better.

My new idea (which is kind of the same as the OPs) is I think you should complete a survey about yourself saying age, interests, what you study, what you want to study and when, etc. And then have a feed of threads and questions related to those things (I guess like following topics - you could follow “A-Level Biology” and then be recommended threads related to that.
Original post by bfm.mcdermott
I love how different the topics are - there’s such a wide variety of topics and almost everything is discussed somewhere. Also I love how those topics include discussions and debates (e.g. about philosophy, theology and society studies) which help us to think and explore important topics.

I love the mobile app and how easy it is to use. It’s also a lot easier to create a new thread IN THE RIGHT SECTION, and it’s handy to take the app with you. It’s improved a lot since the original app :smile:

I’m not sure if this counts but I hate that there are a lot of issues with connecting and restarting. Often the app randomly closes down or the website freezes, and it’s not due to my devices. And I agree - the profile pages could be a lot better.

My new idea (which is kind of the same as the OPs) is I think you should complete a survey about yourself saying age, interests, what you study, what you want to study and when, etc. And then have a feed of threads and questions related to those things (I guess like following topics - you could follow “A-Level Biology” and then be recommended threads related to that.

Definately love the variety of conversation as well there is something for everyone and always someone to answer your question or stuck on the same problem as you.

Completely agree with the mobile app it has some really cool features that we need to start to incorporate in to our mobile and desktop site :smile:

Ah no that's a shame about your crashes and restarting what device are you using we know there are still problems with the app and have a few bugs here and there but trying to get these sorted glad you are enjoying the app apart from those annoyances though.

That survey idea sounds similar to our "my feed survey" have you given that ago yet. Don't think we have built it to be compatible with the app yet though which is a shame but hopefully somethijng coming soon. If you go on the mobile or desktop site and go to the latest discussions widget there should be a my feed TAB and in there a create your feed button. This should open a survey similar to your idea then fill your tab up with lots of threads relating to what your interested in. If you have a go let me know what you think and how we can make it better :smile: xxx
Original post by CrazyKittenLady
Definately love the variety of conversation as well there is something for everyone and always someone to answer your question or stuck on the same problem as you.

Completely agree with the mobile app it has some really cool features that we need to start to incorporate in to our mobile and desktop site :smile:

Ah no that's a shame about your crashes and restarting what device are you using we know there are still problems with the app and have a few bugs here and there but trying to get these sorted glad you are enjoying the app apart from those annoyances though.

That survey idea sounds similar to our "my feed survey" have you given that ago yet. Don't think we have built it to be compatible with the app yet though which is a shame but hopefully somethijng coming soon. If you go on the mobile or desktop site and go to the latest discussions widget there should be a my feed TAB and in there a create your feed button. This should open a survey similar to your idea then fill your tab up with lots of threads relating to what your interested in. If you have a go let me know what you think and how we can make it better :smile: xxx

I’m using an Apple iPhone 5s or my Lenovo Laptop (it doesn’t load properly on Google Chrome so I use Microsoft Edge - all other websites are fine). I’m sure it will work out soon :smile:

Oh wow😂I’ve been using TSR for a few years and I’ve never noticed that “edit your feed” button. Thank you! I’ve done it now :smile:

It’s really good - it’s useful being able to only see topics you’re interested in. To make it better, it would be good if we could select subtopics as well. E.g. I’m interested in mental health but not health in general - but it’s still great as it is. Thanks for the help!
Original post by bfm.mcdermott
I’m using an Apple iPhone 5s or my Lenovo Laptop (it doesn’t load properly on Google Chrome so I use Microsoft Edge - all other websites are fine). I’m sure it will work out soon :smile:

Oh wow😂I’ve been using TSR for a few years and I’ve never noticed that “edit your feed” button. Thank you! I’ve done it now :smile:

It’s really good - it’s useful being able to only see topics you’re interested in. To make it better, it would be good if we could select subtopics as well. E.g. I’m interested in mental health but not health in general - but it’s still great as it is. Thanks for the help!

Amazing thank you so much for the feedback going to tag some people that were involved in that project as it would be great for them to hear. Also sounds like we need to push this a bit more so that it's more obvious and so more people know about it :smile: @obartlett1 @BlinkyBill @Puddles the Monkey @Dez :smile: xxx

Quick Reply

Latest