The Student Room Group

Resit problems

Hi,
So I basically failed 2nd year, was told to do 11 resits and declined help for my dyslexia and general help overall even when I emailed the highest person in the department.
Can I submit by resits late?
I was also told they’ll look at my case in August and tell me if I can stay, what’s the chances of me not getting into 3rd year and getting kicked out?
I’ve become very depressive over the last few months that I haven’t been able to focus on uni work or do anything I need to do and the uni just doesn’t care at all

Can a Sports and exercise science student help me with my resits please, I really need the help
Original post by NOTHINGTOSEE8
Hi,
So I basically failed 2nd year, was told to do 11 resits and declined help for my dyslexia and general help overall even when I emailed the highest person in the department.
Can I submit by resits late?
I was also told they’ll look at my case in August and tell me if I can stay, what’s the chances of me not getting into 3rd year and getting kicked out?
I’ve become very depressive over the last few months that I haven’t been able to focus on uni work or do anything I need to do and the uni just doesn’t care at all

Can a Sports and exercise science student help me with my resits please, I really need the help

Havent I already given you detailed advice on this?

Talk to mental health , SU advisor or the equality officer.

They may refuse your resubmissions if you are late. You may decide not to resit and hope you can make an ec claim about mental health and ask to resit the year or suspend studies. I dont think you need a sports and exercise student you just need to know how to make a proper appeal plus collect your medical evidence. Go and see your GP as well. If you are so depressed then it doesnt look promising you could cope with year 3. Suspend then focus on getting better.
Talk to your tutor as well.
Reply 2
Resubmissions are capped at the 40% pass mark in most universities. If you submit them late without an agreed extension then you are likely going to incur penalties on your grade which will take you below the pass mark.

When are your resubmissions due by? My advice would be if you are struggling with the learning material then you need to speak with your lecturers sooner rather than later. You say you are feeling unmotivated, but you need to be proactive if you want to get this resolved. Regarding your dyslexia, have you ever spoken with your institutions wellbeing service? They should be able to help you gain access to any available support.

As the above said, you may need to consider the possibility of interrupting your studies.

Quick Reply

Latest