FiloThePhilo
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi there,

I will be applying for Natural Sciences at Cambridge for 2019 entry.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for useful preparation that could be done now during summer holidays, to help with the NSAA and interview as well as anything that could help a personal statement?

Thanks in advance!
JacobPhysics
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Will you do phys or bio nat sci?
FiloThePhilo
Rep:
?
Sorry, forgot to mention, I will do Bio NatSci. Current A Levels are Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Geography
Claree
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FiloThePhilo)
Hi there,

I will be applying for Natural Sciences at Cambridge for 2019 entry.
I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for useful preparation that could be done now during summer holidays, to help with the NSAA and interview as well as anything that could help a personal statement?

Thanks in advance!
- Revising the content that is examined on NSAA
- I guess there aren't many NSAA past papers, so you might want to save them for later. But you could probably find very similar style tests online (e.g. BMAT) that would be good practice.
- I did olympiad past paper questions to help prepare for my natsci interview (as at my college they have a preinterview test which is then discussed in the interview, but this would be helpful for a natsci interview at any college). Chemistry olympiad would be relevant to you, and maybe round 1 of the biology olympiad (though the biology olympiad questions aren't really in a style you'd get at interview, as they are short multiple choice questions)
- Some colleges might have a basic maths test for bio natsci applications (check the college's website) or ask biology-related maths questions at interview. You could find sample papers online to work though.

- For bio natsci I think extra reading (e.g. popular science books, online articles, new scientist) can be helpful for answering interview questions, and you could mention a couple in your PS
- STEMnrich website is really good. You could work through biology and chemistry sections of Advanced STEM. You could pretend they are interview questions: practice saying your thoughts out loud, thinking what extra info you might find helpful and look that up, maybe drawing simple sketches/diagrams to help explain your thoughts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
FiloThePhilo
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot thats really helpful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.18%
They might tell the bully (18)
10.11%
I don't think they'd understand (30)
16.85%
It might lead to more bullying (69)
38.76%
There's nothing they could do (50)
28.09%

Watched Threads