The Student Room Group

Bristol Interview Help Its For Med!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have this interview for bristol quiet soon WELL ON FRIDAY 28TH MARCH
and am really worried about the why bristol question
what would you advice me to say
its med am applying for but have no idea on the why bristol question
can someone give me some ideas i can use. what in particular should i mention
thanks really useful. also if anyone just recently had a interview for med how did it go
what did u get asked. are they really evil and bombard u with questions that put u off guard if that makes any sense at all.
my interview at bristol was quite formal - in that i sat in a room with 2 doctors asking me questions - but on the other hand it was quite relaxed in that they evidently wanted me to feel comfortable.
In the "why bristol" question is quite individual - if you have a look at the website and see if theres anything about the university/ course/ city that particularly appeals to you. Have you visited the university before maybe on an open day or something? As thats always quite a good basis for saying you like somewhere - and spoken to any of the students?
They didnt really try to catch you out in the interview - mainly just ask you questions based on your personal statement and things you have included in there. They are generally very friendly and accomodating - so try not to worry too much!

Good luck with it!
Reply 2
Well they asked me this, and I talked about the course mainly, but I also mentioned the research. Go on the website and read about any research going on (I think using stem cells to try to cure parkinsons was the example I used). Check this, but i think 15departments at Bristol scored top marks for teaching, and whats more its a beautiful city.
A general tip though, when they ask you about medical research or something alike, mention something you can talk in depth about. I made the mistake of saying 'robotic heart surgery' for about 5 questions to follow on adv/disadv, morals and ethics etc and I really had to think on my feet as I hadnt done enough research.

As the above post states, its a relaxed atmosphere just be yourself, they are only human beings after all, and you will be fine.

Best of luck!
Reply 3
Sean3000
Well they asked me this, and I talked about the course mainly, but I also mentioned the research. Go on the website and read about any research going on (I think using stem cells to try to cure parkinsons was the example I used). Check this, but i think 15departments at Bristol scored top marks for teaching, and whats more its a beautiful city.
A general tip though, when they ask you about medical research or something alike, mention something you can talk in depth about. I made the mistake of saying 'robotic heart surgery' for about 5 questions to follow on adv/disadv, morals and ethics etc and I really had to think on my feet as I hadnt done enough research.

As the above post states, its a relaxed atmosphere just be yourself, they are only human beings after all, and you will be fine.

Best of luck!

thanks for replying and this goes to the above post as well. it has actually calmed me down quie alot. and i was thinking of memtioning the stem cell reserach with parkinson disease so might do that but also learn the ethics etc.

once agaion thanks really apprecaiate this. althought were u asked any questions on teh nhs that required talking abit it in detail.
Reply 4
nope, but that doesnt mean that you wont be asked on the NHS. They just asked me to mention something medically related I had read in the news lately, so I guess you could mention the nhs. Just be aware of the issues in the news at the moment, there not gonna expect you to know everything.
On the NHS they might ask you about; opt out of organ transplants, foundation trusts, payment by results, privitisation... but mine was only like a 15 min interview (some ppl were in there for less than ten mins) just try to come across as enthusiastic, motivated and as somebody who is not phased by the pressure. If you want to know anything else, just pm me or something, im happy to help!
Sean

Latest

Trending

Trending