belowthesea
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
This has been a question pondering in my mind for some time.
Say you’ve been caught in a GCSE exam cheating. I know that you can be thrown off your exam and all other exams with the exam board, but I was wondering if the severity of the punishment changes with the type of cheating e.g looking at the work of the person next to you compared to bringing in notes. And are the invigilators obligated to tell you you’ve been caught, or does that wait until results day?
bfm.mcdermott
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
They are obliged to tell immediately. The severity of the punishment depends on what you did.
I’ve never heard of someone getting excluded for all exams in the UK for ten years - it’s one of the punishments but I can’t imagine what you’d have to do to get that.
belowthesea
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Interesting. Another thing, is the student who is caught cheating immediately taken out of the exam room the moment they are caught cheating then, or is until after the exam that they are told?
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by belowthesea)
Interesting. Another thing, is the student who is caught cheating immediately taken out of the exam room the moment they are caught cheating then, or is until after the exam that they are told?
It depends on the circumstance - You’d think they’d be taken out immediately, but I know a guy who was caught bringing a calculator into a maths exam (non calculator) and the invigilator held him behind at the end, so she noticed at some point mid exam, was a bit strange. He ended up not getting any of his GCSEs.
Compost
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You are unlikely to be removed immediately as it's not the school's decision to ban you and if they remove you they effectively ban you from that exam. They would only remove you if your behaviour was impeding other students.

If they are going to report you for malpractice than they have to tell you asap, inform you of the evidence and give you the chance to make a written statement.
Marcbark143
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
At my school there was someone (not predicted to pass) who went to the toilet during the maths exam and searched the answer on their phone and we reported it it was taken very seriously but she was let off because there wasn’t sufficient evidence. The consequences can range from a warning to you being banned from taking public exams for a set time.
Akuma
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You'll be put on the secret blacklist. The'll pretend like its ok so that when nothing in your life goes right from now on you wont know who to blame.
cancercapricon
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I know of students that have been suspected of cheating in exams but there was just not enough evidence for the teachers to do anything and other instances where simple scribbles/doodles on the hand were taken incredibly seriously as they were viewed as some sort of code. It is difficult to see what is considered cheating so I suppose that all attempts need to be treated with the same level of severity.
Hibbyxo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
This has been a question pondering in my mind for some time.
Say you’ve been caught in a GCSE exam cheating. I know that you can be thrown off your exam and all other exams with the exam board, but I was wondering if the severity of the punishment changes with the type of cheating e.g looking at the work of the person next to you compared to bringing in notes. And are the invigilators obligated to tell you you’ve been caught, or does that wait until results day?
tbh i think that you should isolate yourself from thinking about the cheating and know that as soon as you enter for that exam you just focus on your exam and when seated you just concentrate on doing your best on it.
Username /
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
@Marcbark143 you ****ing snitch, whats it got to do with you you prick why would you report him. your probably one of them weird ****ing neeks that sucks the teacher off
Last edited by Username /; 4 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (142)
18.83%
Labour (322)
42.71%
Liberal Democrats (153)
20.29%
Green Party (41)
5.44%
Brexit Party (21)
2.79%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.27%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.8%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)