Mamma Mia 2 - Out Now!

Watch
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Out now!

Who's excited to go see it? With Abba announcing a comeback and it having been a few months since the last musical film... it's time for another. A decade after the original we're being given Mamma Mia 2: Here we go again which is set 5 years after the original. Sophie is now pregnant and the story follows her journey of this and revisiting her mum's past.

Please keep all film related spoilers in spoiler tags
Rep:
?
Confirmed music and behind the scenes:

Spoiler:
Show
"When I Kissed the Teacher" from Arrival (1976) - Young Donna and the Dynamos
"I Wonder (Departure)" from ABBA: The Album (1977) - Young Donna and the Dynamos
"One of Us" from The Visitors (1981) - Sophie and Sky
"Waterloo" from Waterloo (1974) - Young Harry, Young Donna
"Why Did It Have to Be Me?" from Arrival (1976) - Young Bill, Young Donna, Young Harry
"I Have a Dream" from Voulez-Vous (1979) - Young Donna
"Kisses of Fire" from Voulez-Vous (1979) - Lazaros, Young Tanya, Young Rosie
"Andante, Andante" from Super Trouper (1980) - Young Donna
"The Name of the Game" from ABBA (1977) - Young Donna
"Knowing Me, Knowing You" from Arrival (1976) - Young Sam, Young Donna, Sam, Sophie
"Angeleyes" from Voulez-Vous (1979) - Tanya, Rosie, Sophie
"Mamma Mia" from ABBA (1977) - Young Donna and the Dynamos
"Dancing Queen" from Arrival (1976) - Sophie, Rosie, Tanya, Sam, Bill and Harry
"I’ve Been Waiting For You" from ABBA (1975) - Sophie, Rosie, Tanya
"Fernando" non-album single (1976) - Ruby, Fernando
"My Love, My Life" from Arrival (1976) - Sophie, Young Donna, Donna
"Super Trouper" from Super Trouper (1980) - Ruby, Donna, Rosie, Tanya, Sophie, Sky, Sam, Bill, Harry, Fernando, Young Donna, Young Rosie, Young Tanya, Young Bill, Young Sam, Young Harry
"The Day Before You Came" from The Singles: The First Ten Years (1982) - Donna

The_Lonely_Goatherd
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Am mega-excited for this, going to see it at least 3 times (with a fourth outing in the pipeline). Hoping to see it many more times than 3-4 though :ahee:
Rep:
?
(Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
Am mega-excited for this, going to see it at least 3 times (with a fourth outing in the pipeline). Hoping to see it many more times than 3-4 though :ahee:
Haha yeah. I've got several outings to see it lined up! Can't wait.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 8472)
Haha yeah. I've got several outings to see it lined up! Can't wait.
THE DAY HAS ARRIVED :nutcase:
Rep:
?
Saw this last night. Some major flaws and issues with it. Would probably give it 6/10. Some good songs and choreography but I can't overlook the issues.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 8472)
Saw this last night. Some major flaws and issues with it. Would probably give it 6/10. Some good songs and choreography but I can't overlook the issues.
Would be interested to hear more about what you thought of it! Maybe you could put it in a spoiler, so as not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, and we can swap notes? :ninja:

I'm not overly convinced by this film either, though thought it's a good movie. Prefer the first one though :yep:
Rep:
?
Would be interested to hear more about what you thought of it! Maybe you could put it in a spoiler, so as not to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, and we can swap notes? :ninja:

I'm not overly convinced by this film either, though thought it's a good movie. Prefer the first one though :yep:
Spoiler:
Show
My gripes were the bluescreen was terrible, some songs didn't exactly have a kabamb feeling, Cher was terrible and unnecessary, several Meryl Streep scenes were cut, there was a lack of detail about Donna's death, it was all obviously filmed in a different location or set (Croatia instead of Greece) .
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 8472)
Spoiler:
Show

My gripes were the bluescreen was terrible, some songs didn't exactly have a kabamb feeling, Cher was terrible and unnecessary, several Meryl Streep scenes were cut, there was a lack of detail about Donna's death, it was all obviously filmed in a different location or set (Croatia instead of Greece) .
Spoiler:
Show
Totally hear you on the bluescreen, and on Cher being unnecessary. Though I thought she was quite amusing in the role she was cast in. I was also disappointed about the lack of Meryl. I liked the songs that were included, though a Lily James number I was hoping/expecting to be in there didn't make the final cut I didn't mind about the location being clearly different :nah:
Rep:
?
Spoiler:
Show
Totally hear you on the bluescreen, and on Cher being unnecessary. Though I thought she was quite amusing in the role she was cast in. I was also disappointed about the lack of Meryl. I liked the songs that were included, though a Lily James number I was hoping/expecting to be in there didn't make the final cut I didn't mind about the location being clearly different :nah:
Spoiler:
Show
Pierce Brosnan's dancing though :rofl:My brother was an extra in a couple of the scenes and on set Pierce joed about how bad he was :lol: Did any of the film sprise you or really stand out? For me the highlight was perhaps the waterloo restaurant scene. Choreography and feel seemed to be much above the rest.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by 8472)
Spoiler:
Show

Pierce Brosnan's dancing though :rofl:My brother was an extra in a couple of the scenes and on set Pierce joed about how bad he was :lol: Did any of the film sprise you or really stand out? For me the highlight was perhaps the waterloo restaurant scene. Choreography and feel seemed to be much above the rest.
Spoiler:
Show
Ah, that's great that your brother was an extra in it :ahee: Glad Pierce knows to make fun of himself :yep: Ah the Waterloo scene was the one scene I didn't really like/get tbh :ninja: Agree that the choreography in it was amazing though!

I was genuinely shocked that they killed Donna off. I had heard lots of rumours about that but I thought they wouldn't :sad: Or that if they would, it would be the final scene of the movie or something :cry:

Stand-out moments for me were 'My Love, My Life', 'I've Been Waiting For You' and 'Angeleyes' scenes :moon:

Am seeing it twice more next week Weds (that'll be a hardcore day! :lol: ) and then again in August with my PhD supervisor and some of her other supervisees :woo:
_Ddraig_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Not ashamed to admit I went to watch this. For any followers of the Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo Film Review, I'm very much like Mark in the sense I can recognise the technical flaws and story issues, but to hell with that, the ABBA song's are too indestructible not to enjoy the film. Was never a fan of the blue/green screen backdrop to the hotel though; it stood out like a sore thumb in the trailers and similarly in the main film.

Don't think I quite enjoyed it on first viewing as the first film, mainly since I had barely heard half the songs used in this film, but given i've now listened to them multiple times on YouTube, I'd put a bet on me probably enjoying it more the second time around.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
OK so I've seen it four times now :yep: It's growing on me! :yep: Still prefer the first one though, but noticing new details in this second film each time I see it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now?

Anxiousness about lockdown easing (166)
4.89%
Uncertainty around my education (498)
14.68%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (379)
11.17%
Lack of purpose or motivation (473)
13.94%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (164)
4.83%
Impact of lockdown on physical health (208)
6.13%
Loneliness (288)
8.49%
Financial worries (122)
3.6%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (137)
4.04%
Exposure to negative news/social media (155)
4.57%
Lack of real life entertainment (186)
5.48%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (302)
8.9%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (315)
9.28%

Watched Threads