Turn on thread page Beta

Identifying as a gender does not mean you are that gender. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I can in theory identify as anything I please, but does that mean I am that something? Absolutely not. Prove me wrong.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Eh, identity and your sense of self is what you are. For a parallel - nationality, I was born in England to Scottish parents, if Scotland had gone independent I'd almost certainly by entitled to dual nationality: but in terms of who I am - I'm a Scot; and except when I'm bantering with English friends about how **** youse are at football, no-one bats an eyelid - my national identity is who I am, that's not controversial. Why should it be with gender, which could be considered as your neurological sex?

ReputationRep:
    Yes we have already defeated the infinite gender army my emperor. there's nothing left but the corpses of them, their families and their rainbow ponies. I suggest we move on with our expedition.

No reason to revive a dead issue, best way is to not give the importance and attention it needs my friend.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think a hairy bearded muscular man would ever convince someone he identifies as a woman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfolobus)
    I don't think a hairy bearded muscular man would ever convince someone he identifies as a woman.
    #getwiththenowdaddio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    #getwiththenowdaddio
    You could stick him in a nice summer dress I guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfolobus)
    You could stick him in a nice summer dress I guess.
    #itsaboutyouisntit

ReputationRep:
    There is only male or female. You can genuinely have a male trapped in a female's body and vice versa but anything other than that is a mental disorder. See a psychiatrist!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    #itsaboutyouisntit
    I've been busted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCoolStool)
    I can in theory identify as anything I please, but does that mean I am that something? Absolutely not. Prove me wrong.
    This offends me. I fit in with the trees OKAY. They are my life, my love, my gender. Fight me
    DISCLAIMER: Obviously joking, i totally agree with this

ReputationRep:
    You can label yourself in any way, and identify yourself as anything, you like, but you don't get to mandate how everyone else labels or identifies you. You don't get to dictate how other people use words to describe reality.

ReputationRep:
    What gender do you have to be so that you never hear you twonks talking about ****ing gender? I wanna be that type.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    What gender do you have to be so that you never hear you twonks talking about ****ing gender? I wanna be that type.
    http://genderfluidsupport.tumblr.com/gender

Apagender: a feeling of apathy towards ones gender which leads to them not looking any further into it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Notoriety)
    Probably the "Hobo", they seem to be pretty secluded from this sh*t

ReputationRep:
    I'll take it!

You'd think they'd be better at using pronouns -- "ones gender which leads to them". Be consistent, amateurs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCoolStool)
    Very true but I would add that you can identify as anything but that doesn't mean it's a gender. A gender is something that society has decided and as of now that means either male or female.

ReputationRep:
    I cant wait for the day when textbooks are made for students to learn about the screwed up gender issues of the 2010's!!

ReputationRep:
    Many people fail to see that "gender" and "gender identity" are literally just ideas that have no scientific based, they are absolutely useless and Gender has basically just become another word for personallity as there are so many stupid genders.

It gets even more stupid and absurd when they use words like "male and female" words that relate to biology and claim that a "man" can become a "woman", so technically a transgender person who thinks they are a man is a female (sex) and a male (new use of biology) it makes no sense and deserves little thought. you may act as manly or as womanly as you like but you will NEVER change your sex or "gender"

ReputationRep:
    If you are born male, you will forever be a Mr, have an M in your passport, and be legally and medically a man and a male body. You can dress up as a woman, ask everyone to call you a female name, but what doesn't change is your sex.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Pantera Fan Club)
    If you are born male, you will forever be a Mr
    :lolwut: Titles actually have no legal standing. As far as I recall, a man could put down Mrs as his title for a passport application with no evidence required and no issues would arise. An increasing number of more 'official' organisations (e.g. banks) allow you to choose gender neutral titles these days, and I don't recall sites such as Amazon ever asking for proof of title either. This is honestly one of the easiest things to change.

have an M in your passport
    :nah: Getting a gender recognition certificate allows you to change that (though the fact that it's referred to as 'Sex' on the passport itself and 'Gender' in most of the gov.uk information doesn't make that clear, I'll admit)

and be legally and medically a man and a male body.
    Legally, a GRC and new birth certificate is enough here in the UK.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.