The Student Room Group

UNlinking accounts

Hey, this has nothing to do with studying or school at all, but i have realised that Facebook is desperate to get me on their platform 24/7 by sending me notifications about status updates and nonsensical posts that i'm not even tagged in or related to, and i'm sick to death of these.

I have tried everything to try and turn these notifications off but nothing. so the next radical move is to delete the account... but i have other accounts such as Spotify and this account (the student room) still linked to the Facebook account. If i remove the apps from my Facebook account, will this cancel all the accounts that i have? Will they cease to exist? I'm worried because i have the student monthly payment on Spotify and if i cancelled that i may not be able to use my student discount for a second Spotify account.

Such a petty problem, but any suggestions for this?
I was getting needless notifications from facebook too only a couple of months ago.

I was able to go into the settings of my Samsung phone and mute the notifications. I also categorised all the emails from facebook as spam and deleted the app but not the account.

I don't know how helpful this is, but this is what I did to rid my devices of the annoying facebook notifications.

Hope this helps! 😊
Reply 2
Original post by P_O_T_A_T_O
I was getting needless notifications from facebook too only a couple of months ago.

I was able to go into the settings of my Samsung phone and mute the notifications. I also categorised all the emails from facebook as spam and deleted the app but not the account.

I don't know how helpful this is, but this is what I did to rid my devices of the annoying facebook notifications.

Hope this helps! 😊

Thanks!!! :h: i'll give it a go. What were the most bizarre notifications you had?
Mine was that a friend of my friend posted a photo of their cat with the caption "RIP"
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by S20R06M
Thanks!!! :h: i'll give it a go. What were the most bizarre notifications you had?
Mine was that a friend of my friend posted a photo of their cat with the caption "RIP"

I received a wealth of ridiculous notifications that were from friends of friends 😂. One such notification was of a friend of a friend sharing a post that said "stop making fun of my name!" that was posted by someone called Makunt Izichi on facebook! 😂😂😂
Reply 4
Original post by P_O_T_A_T_O
I received a wealth of ridiculous notifications that were from friends of friends 😂. One such notification was of a friend of a friend sharing a post that said "stop making fun of my name!" that was posted by someone called Makunt Izichi on facebook! 😂😂😂

Oh my 😂😂
😂😂
😂😂
Reply 5
Okay, @ P_O_T_A_T_O just found out a possible method, even though you have already deleted your app and such. Anyway, if you go on a laptop or computer (just anything that isn't a mobile) and go to Settings, then Notifications, then click Edit which is next to Desktop and Mobile, and theeeeen go to the bottom of the page that says "CONTROL YOUR RECENT NOTIFICATIONS", then press Turn Off to the notifications that are nonsense, and it should say something along the lines of "You will not be notified of Friends updates/posts"
Original post by S20R06M
Okay, @ P_O_T_A_T_O just found out a possible method, even though you have already deleted your app and such. Anyway, if you go on a laptop or computer (just anything that isn't a mobile) and go to Settings, then Notifications, then click Edit which is next to Desktop and Mobile, and theeeeen go to the bottom of the page that says "CONTROL YOUR RECENT NOTIFICATIONS", then press Turn Off to the notifications that are nonsense, and it should say something along the lines of "You will not be notified of Friends updates/posts"

Just tried this and lol you've found a much easier way ! Thanks for sharing 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending