Yoshi123456
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi

I have signed up for this online course. So far I have been very impressed.

However I’m a little concerned about my low scores. I have taken the test twice - the first time I achieved 18, the second 20.

I’m aiming for Oxford, but I am wondering if I am out of my depth.

Any advice?

Thanks
new1234
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Yoshi123456)
Hi

However I’m a little concerned about my low scores. I have taken the test twice - the first time I achieved 18, the second 20.

Any advice?

Thanks
Hey

dont worry too much. The Arbitio tests are designed to be harder with much more tricky questions than the real thing. It just means it'll prepare you even more. Also 18 and 20 are not bad scores with he average for this years LNAT being 19.6 which universities will consider.
DCDCo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi

Any advice?

Thanks
I used Arbitio alongside many other practise tests last year. Let me give you a quick run-down:

Arbitio Average: 20
Mark Shepherd book Average: 30+
Official Practise Average: 28

Final Score this year: 27.

Arbitio is designed to be hard. I'd use a variety of sources to practise because its nice to also get a feel for the really, really easy questions you can answer quickly. Arbitio is excellent for really making you think about a question. Also, be sure to make sure of their other functions on the site and don't forget, you get a free marked essay too!

Best of luck
Yoshi123456
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Great. Thanks. This is has made me feel a little more confident. I’m glad to hear you do well in the test.
Arbitio LNAT
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Great. Thanks. This is has made me feel a little more confident. I’m glad to hear you do well in the test.
I'm glad to see the community response therefore I feel there is little to add apart from the following:

1. The Tests are made harder by including a higher proportion of 'difficult' passages and questions in each Test

2. We have released an update to display stats on all users' answer data, which provides distribution-based context - you essentially know your percentile on each Test, so no longer is the preparation process "silent". But remember, practice is practice and what you do on the exam day is what it is all about - good practice gives you fluency and confidence to tackle the exam

All the best with your preparation!
Cowtheduck
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I hadn't heard of Arbitio before so out of curiosity I tried the sample test and got 22. It's been almost a year since I took the LNAT but I got 34 for it last year and I recall routinely getting high-30s in practice books and the official LNAT online practices. Granted it could be that I'm very rusty but Arbitio does strike me as very much harder than the actual LNAT - you should be in good shape OP.

Overall I'm very impressed with the quality (I wish I'd found it last year!) though I did find a couple of answers highly subjective and thus contentious (granted, this is true of the actual LNAT so it's excellent preparation).
Arbitio LNAT
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cowtheduck)
I hadn't heard of Arbitio before so out of curiosity I tried the sample test and got 22. It's been almost a year since I took the LNAT but I got 34 for it last year and I recall routinely getting high-30s in practice books and the official LNAT online practices. Granted it could be that I'm very rusty but Arbitio does strike me as very much harder than the actual LNAT - you should be in good shape OP.

Overall I'm very impressed with the quality (I wish I'd found it last year!) though I did find a couple of answers highly subjective and thus contentious (granted, this is true of the actual LNAT so it's excellent preparation).
Great to hear about your positive assessment - much appreciated that you applied yourself to the sample test Image

I agree with your point on subjectiveness, which particularly comes up with certain types of questions e.g. considering the author's perspectives. It is part of the reason for a function in the test simulator where comments/arguments on a given question and/or solution can be submitted for review, and later adopted if indeed a strong point; an additional exercise to engage in debate.

And well done on your LNAT Score!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (177)
28.41%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (104)
16.69%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (57)
9.15%
I want to meet current students (52)
8.35%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (50)
8.03%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (126)
20.22%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (37)
5.94%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.21%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise