username3327870
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm starting Y12 and it seems so different from GCSEs. I'm taking Bio, Chem, Psychology and Maths. Any useful revision websites, tips, help?
super_hannah
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Revision world, get revising, s-cool & have a look on the app store on your phone as they have some great apps like Memrise on there which are so good for testing yourself.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For maths, make sure you're comfortable with grade 7-9 topics, particularly algebra (completing the square, factorising, surds and so on), trigonometry and coordinate geometry. The maths course starts off by reviewing these topics, (practically comprising half the year 1 course) so you should be comfortable with them. If you're not, you'll slip behind.
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For all of your subjects but especially bio, chem and maths, the website physcisandmathstutor may be really helpful (I survived off of this website). If you're doing AQA chem then chemrevise is also a great website too (they may do other exam boards but I'm not 100% sure).

As for tips I'd suggest revising little and often from near the start of the year. Doing this really takes a lot of pressure off of exam periods as constantly going over content ensures it gets stuck in your head! I found flash cards and past papers were key for biology, chemistry and psychology as within all of them there is a fair amount of memorization, more so in biology and psychology.
username3236796
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For Biology, I’d recommed the Tailored Tutors Youtube videos. I personally don’t do Biology, but two of my friends do (well, one has dropped it now). I also watched one as I was wondering whether I should pick it up as a 5th (I didn’t as I realised I was being ridiculous) and really enjoyed it. My friends told me there was a LOT of content so just keep on top of notes.

For Chemistry, a-levelchemistry.co.uk and chemguide.co.uk for websites. I enjoy E Rintoul, Allery Chemistry and Chris Clay are great revision channels. There’s not as much content in Chemistry but you need practice questions and, as with Biology and any other subject, keep on top of notes/flashcards.

Maths- PRACTICE. Make some notes on main methods, practice and refer to the mark scheme and notes. I’d recommed examsolutions as a website, which has all of their Youtube videos on as well as summaries. Jack Brown is another great channel, has a LOT of videos but they all target very specific methods.

I also do Psychology. I don’t really use videos for Psychology, I just make notes on the descriptions and evaluations of each of the theories/studies. Learning the structures for answering each type of question is equally as important, but they’re thankfully set (at least for Edexcel).

In general, keep up with notes, find practice questions, use your frees to study, use active recall to learn information rather than passively reading notes and don’t get wrapped up in any drama. Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (113)
27.56%
England (143)
34.88%
Belgium (31)
7.56%
Germany (41)
10%
Spain (9)
2.2%