The Student Room Group

Why does a girl seem to like me in person, but sometimes ignore my messages

In all honesty, I am not even confident that she definitely likes me at all. But there are things I've noticed (overanalysed). One of my more optimistic friend's told me that she think's the girl does indeed like me. Probably, not head over heels for me but is definitely attracted. Not trusting the words of an overly optimistic person, I've also asked the opinions of my other female friends. And they've mostly told me they think she's at least interested or thinks she likes me.

After knowing her for a few months now, I've noticed that she's actually pretty shy, and takes time to warm up to people. She recently joined the volunteer group I am a part of, and my group mates have pointed out that she tends to stick to me, and she knows the people in my group for about as long as I've known her. And when we are with the group, whether it be for meetings or simply a hangout session/party I am the only one she actually makes an effort to talk to, else she's usually the type of person that only speaks when spoken to.

However, she's been super unresponsive with her messages lately, sometimes not replying at all. Especially, after I started getting more convinced that she may actually like me (i.e. noticing more signs...bla bla bla bla, people telling me they thinks she likes me...). I haven't treated her any differently. But I noticed her looking at me more, and she always comes to my side when we walk together.
She likes you, but doesn't want there to be any proof of it for the future
Maybe she's waiting for you to take the lead and ask her out on a date as she does sound interested by the sounds of it. If she's naturally a shy person then that says it all really & she's obviously confiding in you because you make her feel comfortable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending