The Student Room Group

Can I get a good EPQ grade, even with a bad dissertation?

Ok, so I'm doing an EPQ. However none of the A-levels that I do have any essay writing or dissertation writing parts to them. Therefore I may not be particularly good at dissertation writing...
So I was wondering... can I still get a good grade in EPQ (Grade A or B) , through gaining planning, skill audit and reflective diary marks? - even if the dissertation itself isn't that good.
Almost definitely, yes. We've been told the "product" could be a generic idea but if our planning is well thought and and we are actively evaluating the process we can still get an A, or vice versa if the "product" was amazing and unique but the planning poor, the marks are majority for planning so that person would get a low grade.

I'm considering changing the majority of my main idea because of time management worries, but apparently this gets me even more marks because I've self-evaluated 😂😂

It's a strange thing yeah but basically lots of marks are awarded for planning and process so if you're worried about the dissertation just do it as best as you can and put lots of effort into demonstrating your decision making processes etc in your diary or blog or portfolio

Quick Reply

Latest