I want to cut my hair short but worry about being less attractive

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have hair that is just above shoulder length and have wanted to cut it short for a long time. It would be more convenient for my athletics I do and also for work, I don't like the faff of longer hair its very wavy, frizzy and hard to manage. People including family have often implied that I have crap hair my ex bf said it was the worst thing about me. I don't like the feeling of it being tied back either. The thing is I worry about not attracting guys and appearing 'ugly'. Whats the best thing to do?
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You do athletics? Can't you just tie your hair back? If it's frizzy then just buy a straightener
Aidenscott19
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
are you a guy?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Aidenscott19)
are you a guy?
No
Aidenscott19
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
No
dont cut your hair
Anonymous #1
(Original post by hello_shawn)
You do athletics? Can't you just tie your hair back? If it's frizzy then just buy a straightener
Ive been tying it back but its not as comfortable I just feel better when its not tied back. Ive been straightening it but I'm sick of doing it plus it only goes wavy again when I go outside anyway.
screamingicecube
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cut it.
ThatOldGuy
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Post a pic. Short hair and its ability to look good is dependent entirely on your bone structure. Some girls look super hot with short hair. Some look like boys.

It'll all be dependent on bone structure and how you look right now.
LouiseRu
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Look online for short haircuts for your age range.

Choose some that you think you would look good on you and ask your hairdresser for their opinion.

To maintain a feminine look for short hair try looking at styles that maintain a little longer length on the crown but short at the sides and nape of the neck.

If you make a mistake you can always grow it again.

But it sounds like your hair type is not great for long hair so you can only improve on this.
username2393237
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Cut your hair a little bit and see how you feel. If you like it, then go shorter. Your ex and your family are asses by the way
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (55)
22.45%
Excited but a bit nervous (112)
45.71%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.47%
I'm really nervous (45)
18.37%

Watched Threads