Who uses Twitter these days?

Watch
CleverSquirrel
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Sooo a few years ago i made an account, and then never looked back at it, i deleted the app after a day

but then i got talked into downloading it again, but its so so dead?? like i have 6 followers (from back when i got it and now reinstalling it yesterday) and realized not many people still actually use this??

why has the popularity of this app so low compared to the others that are around?
abbie_maths
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
all my friends use Twitter, for me and my friends twitter is our preferred social media.

In my opinion the newer generation (16 to 18 years old) use twitter more than facebook
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Twitter is huge these days. It might not be as big as Snapchat or Facebook but it’s never been as big as it is now before. I would say in a few years time, it would be bigger than Instagram, Snapchat and be a real rival for Facebook.
hello_shawn
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
i don't normally use twitter but I've used an anonymous account to contact people who've been involved in the same employment scam I was caught up in, since they tweeted about it. They've not replied yet.
Simone250900
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have twitter I think it’s ok but word restrictions and the fact you have to write not take pictures people don’t like what’s your username ??
abbie_maths
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ProRoadman)
Twitter is huge these days. It might not be as big as Snapchat or Facebook but it’s never bigger than before. I would say in a few years time, it would be bigger than Instagram, Snapchat and be a real rival for Facebook.
agreed, facebook is more for the older generation
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I don’t use it anymore but I thought it was still pretty big, bigger than Facebook is now anyway with younger people. Insta is top.
username3941996
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by LavenderBlueSky88)
I don’t use it anymore but I thought it was still pretty big, bigger than Facebook is now anyway with younger people. Insta is top.
Technically Facebook is still top since it owns Instagram.
X_exceed
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I use it to follow other people like popular youtubers etc.
CleverSquirrel
Rep:
?
(Original post by abbie_maths)
all my friends use Twitter, for me and my friends twitter is our preferred social media.

In my opinion the newer generation (16 to 18 years old) use twitter more than facebook
hmm maybe youre right? hardly any of my friends have it!

(Original post by ProRoadman)
Twitter is huge these days. It might not be as big as Snapchat or Facebook but it’s never been as big as it is now before. I would say in a few years time, it would be bigger than Instagram, Snapchat and be a real rival for Facebook.
imo insta is still on top no? like im genuinely asking, but what is twitter actuallly for?

(Original post by Simone250900)
I have twitter I think it’s ok but word restrictions and the fact you have to write not take pictures people don’t like what’s your username ??
you cant post images? im still trying to figure out how to use it lmao, PM me, ill try and add ya

(Original post by abbie_maths)
agreed, facebook is more for the older generation
do you think so? i mainly use fb for messenger only tbf
CleverSquirrel
Rep:
?
yah i was thinking insta would be/is more popular than the others, SC being second
username2400323
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I agree.
Math12345
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
FB = Messenger
Twitter = News feed
Instagram = Pictures
Youtube = Videos

That's what I use social media for.
username3890778
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I use it everyday and read it in the morning like its a newspaper because it honestly is... all the news I heard i first heard it from twitter and honestly its the funniest place ever. Black twitter, british twitter and American twitter. All very fun and stuff.

Used to have a fan account. Lots of followers then deleted it. And made a personal one that i dont tweet on
CleverSquirrel
Rep:
?
(Original post by hello_shawn)
i don't normally use twitter but I've used an anonymous account to contact people who've been involved in the same employment scam I was caught up in, since they tweeted about it. They've not replied yet.
lmao add me
CleverSquirrel
Rep:
?
(Original post by Rainfall)
I use it everyday and read it in the morning like its a newspaper because it honestly is... all the news I heard i first heard it from twitter and honestly its the funniest place ever. Black twitter, british twitter and American twitter. All very fun and stuff.

Used to have a fan account. Lots of followers then deleted it. And made a personal one that i dont tweet on
so basically like live streaming news etc
username4172328
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Never used Twitter and never will. The only thing I have is Instagram.
LavenderBlueSky88
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by CleverSquirrel)
yah i was thinking insta would be/is more popular than the others, SC being second
I never use snapchat at all, I think I went through a phase of using it maybe once or twice to post stories then I just used insta for that. I still keep the app for the filters cos everyone needs that confidence boost in their lives right?! Haha
CleverSquirrel
Rep:
?
I never use snapchat at all, I think I went through a phase of using it maybe once or twice to post stories then I just used insta for that. I still keep the app for the filters cos everyone needs that confidence boost in their lives right?! Haha
lmao i know what you mean, i use insta alot more than SC, i dont get how people can hold full on conversations on SC, i always forget what im saying loool

of course i do it myself haha
CleverSquirrel
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlyKat2000)
Never used Twitter and never will. The only thing I have is Instagram.
only insta?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (123)
14.5%
I'm not sure (36)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (258)
30.42%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.59%
I'm not a current university student (409)
48.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed