The Student Room Group

A-level choices??

Currently I do not know what to do about my a -level choices. I do not have specific subjects that I love and get around the same grades in computer science, chemistry, maths, biology, physics, English lit+lang, history and religous studies ( 1 detest Spanish and would never take it for a-level)
I do not have any career choices either and just want to do the most knowledgeable, enjoyable and respectable a-levels I can.
Can people who have done these a-levels ( or others) please respond and comment on how they are like? Or which four would complement each other when taken together ( the school makes you do 4 a-levels)
thank you
This is tricky and I wouldn't recommend just asking people online for advice since we don't know you. You'd be better served speaking with one of your teachers.

You've given too wide of a range of subjects. There are many different complimentary combinations. Do you think you want to pursue something in STEM, social sciences, humanities? I'd recommend doing some research before putting anything down. Going in with too broad of a scope you risk taking polarising subjects or subjects that you're unhappy with. Have a look at the specifications online, perhaps flick through some textbooks.
Reply 2
Original post by _gcx
This is tricky and I wouldn't recommend just asking people online for advice since we don't know you. You'd be better served speaking with one of your teachers.

You've given too wide of a range of subjects. There are many different complimentary combinations. Do you think you want to pursue something in STEM, social sciences, humanities? I'd recommend doing some research before putting anything down. Going in with too broad of a scope you risk taking polarising subjects or subjects that you're unhappy with. Have a look at the specifications online, perhaps flick through some textbooks.

Thank you very much for the advice, i have looked at the specifications and flicked through textbooks of these subjects and i still do not know which subjects that i would like to take. I consider myself going into STEM or humanities but not social sciences. People who know me say i could take any of these a-levels - so i am still confused.

Quick Reply

Latest