The Student Room Group

Biology Essay Help Required

"The Importance of Exchange in Cells and Organisms"

I've been sat here for half an hour and im still no further than writing the title. I'm really struggling with this one. The teachers have given us 7 topics we could include.
1) Digestion and Absorption
2) Cells
3) Gas Exchange
4) Lung Function
5) Passage of water through plant
6. Nutrient cycles
7. Tissue fluid and its formation

I'm just struggling because i know the topics, it's just highlighting the importance and including that to write a decent esaay. And if i dont od this essay i dont get accepted onto second year bio...

Please please please could smeone help......
To link to importance just think of it as "if this didn't occur what would happen" and often the answer is, quite bluntly, die.

For example if we didn't digest starch into glucose and absorb it then we wouldn't be able to respire (as this needs glucose) and so we have no ATP for things like active transport, muscle contraction, etc.
Another example is nutrient cycles (I'll do the nitrogen cycle here). So it's about the importance of exchange between organisms so here you could state how nitrates pass between animals and plants and if this didn't happen animals could not get nitrates and so would struggle to make nitrogen containing compounds like nucleotides so DNA could not be replicated.

For essays we got taught to cover 5 points with the start of the paragraph just explaining the content in as much depth as possible and then ending the paragraph with the link to importance (because they're almost always on importance). Also make sure to explicitly talk about exchange between organisms and cells, don't just get lost in explaining the science, you have to link.
Hope I've managed to help and anymore questions just ask!

Quick Reply

Latest