Can someone explain the M1,M2 C1,C2 etc... stuff about A Level Math?

Watch
_Poseidon_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys,

I'm going into Year 12 next year and I've chosen Math and Further Math as 2 of my options. I'll be doing A level math in the first year, and I know there's some stuff about M1,M2,S1,S2,C1,C2 etc... But I really have no idea what it means or what I have to do next year for my a level math course.

Could someone please clarify or explain the whole A level math modules? I'm doing Edexcel International A Level Math
Anonymouspsych
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by _Poseidon_)
Hey guys,

I'm going into Year 12 next year and I've chosen Math and Further Math as 2 of my options. I'll be doing A level math in the first year, and I know there's some stuff about M1,M2,S1,S2,C1,C2 etc... But I really have no idea what it means or what I have to do next year for my a level math course.

Could someone please clarify or explain the whole A level math modules? I'm doing Edexcel International A Level Math
No because you won't be doing these. You'll be doing a linear specification. I am part of the last year who have done the modular maths a level.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by _Poseidon_)
Hey guys,

EDEXCEL A level maths and further maths International A levels are modular qualifications where you have some choice in the units you study to complete the qualification.
Maths and Further Maths each comprise of 6 units of study.
The specification details the mandatory and optional units for each qualification.
If you start your A levels this year with a plan to study over the normal 2 years you are taking the new specification.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-international-advanced-levels/mathematics-2018.html
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (53)
29.44%
No - I have already returned home (23)
12.78%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (42)
23.33%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (16)
8.89%
No - I live at home during term anyway (46)
25.56%

Watched Threads