The Student Room Group

A level questions

My subjects: English literature, History, [philosophy, ethics and religion]

People say you should revise at the start of year 12 but around what time? Christmas or before.

What type of books would you recommend to read around my subjects? For English I'm doing love throughout the ages and history I am doing wimar and nazi Germany with stuart Britain.

What work experiences can I do for my subjects? University degrees I'm considering are law and history.

Any advice for my courses work? (English literature and history)

Any other advice will be appreciated.
You should start revising the moment you start getting into year 12 but like on the weekends. You should basically make sure you are confident on everything at the weekends and revise what you should know every weekend. For work experience, maybe a museum.
Yeah I started revising straight away. I started off at the start of year 12 just by re-writing and re-reading my notes each day, and reading ahead before each lesson, then at the weekends I would do one to two hours each day. Then I gradually built up how much I was doing based on when I had class exams or mocks, and then the real exams. It's great to start early because you'll never regret starting too early, but you will regret starting too late! Just don't do too much too soon, or you could burn out and then underwork, it's all about balance, which is different for every individual, so trial and error in the early stages to find whats best for you!

Quick Reply

Latest