The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Do you believe there are only 2 genders in society today?

Poll

Do you believe in two genders only?

Personally I do and those are male and female. Vote on the poll to state your opinion

Scroll to see replies

No, I don't. I can't access the poll.
Reply 2
Original post by Vegan_Cannibal
No, I don't. I can't access the poll.

Now it's available.
yes. You are born male or female, discounting the very small percentage of abnormalities to generalise. Your sexuality however is another story
Reply 4
i don't believe in gender at all tbh; there's no option for me to vote? :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Joleee
i don't believe in gender at all tbh; there's no option for me to vote? :smile:

Then vote for the second option as the other "genders" also includes agender which means having no gender
oh ffs
Reply 7
Original post by The RAR
Then vote for the second option as the other "genders" also includes agender which means having no gender

i don't even believe in that tho, i'm like an atheist on gender identity. i'll explain myself later, thanks for your reply.
Original post by Sammylou40
yes. You are born male or female, discounting the very small percentage of abnormalities to generalise. Your sexuality however is another story

you appear confused.

confused between sex, sexuality, gender identity, gender expression and gender roles...
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Joleee
i don't even believe in that tho, i'm like an atheist on gender identity. i'll explain myself later, thanks for your reply.

put down the Greer and get into the C21st.
Original post by InArduisFouette
you appear confused.

confused between sex, sexuality, gender identity, gender expression and grnder roles...

Not in the slightest.....
Reply 11
No such thing as gender, just sex. Of which there are only 2: male and female.
No.

There are only two sexes, male and female (with some falling outside of this like intersex and other conditions).

There are 7 odd billion "genders" because "gender" is nothing but personality.
Yes, I believe there are only two genders (that's excluding non-binary). I am forever wondering whether to call non-binary the third gender or simply treat it as a separate entity completely! Gender is a man-made construct and since we only thought up two genders, male and female, in my mind that settles it! If you don't identify with either gender, you're non-binary. That's the way I look at it, although I will admit that I am highly uneducated in the matter, yet open-minded, and will happily listen to anyone who thinks I am mistaken, mislead or disagrees.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by sonny.jim
Yes, I believe there are only two genders (that's excluding non-binary). I am forever wondering whether to call non-binary the third gender or simply treat it as a separate entity completely! Gender is a man-made construct and since we only thought up two genders, male and female, in my mind that means there can only be two! If you don't identify with either gender, you're non-binary. That's simply the way I look at it, although I will admit that I am highly uneducated in the matter and will happily listen to anyone who thinks I am mistaken, mislead or disagrees.

If the non-binary person has a penis they are male, if they have a vagina they are female.

All cleared up for you.
Original post by GeorgeHolmes
If the non-binary person has a penis they are male, if they have a vagina they are female.

All cleared up for you.

I was under the impression that genitalia was an indication of sex rather than gender, or is this the same thing? Enlighten me, please!
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by sonny.jim
I was under the impression that genitalia was an indication of sex rather than gender, or is this the same thing? Enlighten me, please!

Gender is another word for sex.

People confuse gender with your personality.
You're either male, female, or trans. Let's not f*** about...
Reply 19
I couldn't give a single ****, and I find it very, very odd that so many of you are fixated on this stuff.

Latest