The Student Room Group

Guys/Girls, Need some advice.

Okay. Long story short. I found this girl and we’ve been talking for about two weeks now. We were in love and I mean IN LOVE. The kind of love that never goes away. I mean we were messaging every day and flirting constantly. I thought I had met the love of my life but it wasn’t meant to be. We had some differences that prevent us from ever being in a relationship. To put it short, I’m Christian and she’s Muslim so it was unlikely from the start. We just ended it. And right now I feel like crap so any advice will be fine.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bro if you truly love her and she also do , then there is no chance of letting your love story end only because of religion. that also in this 21 century
Reply 2
Original post by K.K.C
Bro if you truly love her and she also do , then there is no chance of letting your love story end only because of religion. that also in this 21 century

I know but let’s be honest, its never gonna work.
Congratulations. You have written the most self-contradictory TSR post of 2018.
So this LOVE, this kind of love that never goes away evaporated within 2 weeks?
Hardly Romeo and Juliet is it?
Reply 4
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
Congratulations. You have written the most self-contradictory TSR post of 2018.
So this LOVE, this kind of love that never goes away evaporated within 2 weeks?
Hardly Romeo and Juliet is it?

Well. I admit it’s way too early to be that sort of love but that’s what it felt like.
You're talking about... 2 weeks?
Reply 6
Yeah, it sounds ridiculous but maybe cause it was early in the relationship.
The emotion of love is good in a romantic relationship. But it's not enough. You need compatability too.
Compatability in the important things in life. Children, money, basic life philosophy.
I have a Muslim friend (19) who is getting married to her Christian fiancé (21) in August after 6 months of knowing/dating each other. Love always wins
Reply 9
Original post by Dunnig Kruger
The emotion of love is good in a romantic relationship. But it's not enough. You need compatability too.
Compatability in the important things in life. Children, money, basic life philosophy.

Well, we both are looking for the same amount of money. Both want to be doctors. We either planned bits of our future. Maybe it was that early in the relationship but the love was there.
Listen mate, I experienced the same thing. My ex was Muslim, I'm spiritual. It was never going to work. Its best that you ended it instead of fooling yourself into believing that it would work which I stupidly did. In the end, it just caused me more pain.

There are plenty more fish in the sea. She just wasn't the right one for you. Be patient, and the right girl will come into your life and the perfect time.
As a Muslim, I can say Muslim parents , a lot of them, not all, are really harsh when it comes to relationships My mum found about my atheist boyfriend who I loved and he was so decent and similar to me, she took away my phone, didn't let me go out for ages without seeing who I am with Personally, I don't really care that much if my boyfriend is of a different religion than me. Some muslims will judge and say that this is wrong, as in Islam a woman can only marry a Muslim man But I do not think religion should be a big factor in dating, there's more to life and personality
Original post by Anonymous
I have a Muslim friend (19) who is getting married to her Christian fiancé (21) in August after 6 months of knowing/dating each other. Love always wins

Your friend is actually really lucky. Our families would have been really against it from the beginning.
Original post by reinaadira
As a Muslim, I can say Muslim parents , a lot of them, not all, are really harsh when it comes to relationships My mum found about my atheist boyfriend who I loved and he was so decent and similar to me, she took away my phone, didn't let me go out for ages without seeing who I am with Personally, I don't really care that much if my boyfriend is of a different religion than me. Some muslims will judge and say that this is wrong, as in Islam a woman can only marry a Muslim man But I do not think religion should be a big factor in dating, there's more to life and personality

Wow. That’s deep. You are right in what you saying. While I think religion is important, love is equally important as well and shouldn’t be stopped cause of religion.
Okay. Long story short. I found this girl and we’ve been talking for about two weeks now. We were in love and I mean IN LOVE. The kind of love that never goes away. I mean we were messaging every day and flirting constantly. I thought I had met the love of my life but it wasn’t meant to be. We had some differences that prevent us from ever being in a relationship. To put it short, I’m Christian and she’s Muslim so it was unlikely from the start. We just ended it. And right now I feel like crap so any advice will be fine.

It might not work, but you've got to try. If you both truly love each other, they you won't give up. That was the cheesiest thing I've ever said euurgh
Original post by gothai7
It might not work, but you've got to try. If you both truly love each other, they you won't give up. That was the cheesiest thing I've ever said euurgh

Yeh. That was cheesy but it was nice too. Thanks.
Wow. That’s deep. You are right in what you saying. While I think religion is important, love is equally important as well and shouldn’t be stopped cause of religion.

It was so horrible, because I loved him so much, we always had something to talk about and we used to speak and call everyday

The convo was never boring, we were really similar too

Exactly, the only annoying part is when they don't understand why you have to hide the relationship from your parents

But I never found the difference of religion like a barrier? I like to talk about God too whatever religion, he was an atheist so it was hard as he hated religion but I just steered clear of that

It's not like I was planning on a life partner or something so hated it when my mum was so bad "you should be ashamed! a non muslim boy"?

Whatever, he was nicer than a lot of Muslim boys I know, religion doesn't ALWAYS dictate being a good person
Yeh. That was cheesy but it was nice too. Thanks.

Np
Original post by reinaadira
It was so horrible, because I loved him so much, we always had something to talk about and we used to speak and call everyday

The convo was never boring, we were really similar too

Exactly, the only annoying part is when they don't understand why you have to hide the relationship from your parents

But I never found the difference of religion like a barrier? I like to talk about God too whatever religion, he was an atheist so it was hard as he hated religion but I just steered clear of that

It's not like I was planning on a life partner or something so hated it when my mum was so bad "you should be ashamed! a non muslim boy"?

Whatever, he was nicer than a lot of Muslim boys I know, religion doesn't ALWAYS dictate being a good person

You actually sound a lot like me. 😁. While the relationship was as close as yours. We were so close. Literally felt like I found the one girl that understands me.
Well, we both are looking for the same amount of money. Both want to be doctors. We either planned bits of our future. Maybe it was that early in the relationship but the love was there.
Yeah but the compatability on your basic life philosophy wasn't there.

One of you wasn't willing to get involved with someone from a different religious background.

It doesn't make that person a bad person. It just makes the 2 of you too incompatible to keep a romantic relationship going.

Quick Reply

Latest