Turn on thread page Beta

Is the Graphics Card causing the problem??? watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically, (for the PC) the icons, windows and other graphics etc are slightly blurry/not clear, so i assumed it was the monitor. But when i connected my laptop to the monitor, the graphics were clear. BTW neither the PC or the laptop have graphics card,s just integrated gpu's. So what do i do? Should i get a graphics card? Any help appreciated.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by Nassim_Baaziz)
    Basically, (for the PC) the icons, windows and other graphics etc are slightly blurry/not clear, so i assumed it was the monitor. But when i connected my laptop to the monitor, the graphics were clear. BTW neither the PC or the laptop have graphics card,s just integrated gpu's. So what do i do? Should i get a graphics card? Any help appreciated.
    Hard to say. I would see what it is like in safe mode and possible try driver booster free as it may not be hardware.
    Never really heard of integrated graphics going, so it could just be windows settings. Is the resolution set correctly?
    See if driver booster helps.

If you arent using your pc for anything special then you can pick up a cheap second hand graphics card.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Slightly blurry is a little ambiguous. It doesn't sound like it's likely to be integrated graphics causing the problem. If I had to guess, I'd say it's something like the monitor having incorrect settings, or the wrong resolution being used.

ReputationRep:
    First try reconnecting the PC to your monitor and make sure that the cable is connected securely, especially if it's a VGA cable or other analog cable.

Then make sure that the resolution is configured properly in your PC's display settings. Assuming you're on Windows 10, right click on your desktop and click 'Display settings'. Then go to your Resolution drop-down box and try different resolutions. Or get your monitor model and put it up here and I can check what the correct resolution should be . ( Or you can just google it ;P )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jazzyboy)
    First try reconnecting the PC to your monitor and make sure that the cable is connected securely, especially if it's a VGA cable or other analog cable.

Then make sure that the resolution is configured properly in your PC's display settings. Assuming you're on Windows 10, right click on your desktop and click 'Display settings'. Then go to your Resolution drop-down box and try different resolutions. Or get your monitor model and put it up here and I can check what the correct resolution should be . ( Or you can just google it ;P )
    i have done exactly that and nothing has chabged. I do think it is the graphics card
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    i have done exactly that and nothing has chabged. I do think it is the graphics card
    What exactly makes you think it's the graphics card? Especially since it's integrated graphics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    What exactly makes you think it's the graphics card? Especially since it's integrated graphics?
    because it cant be anything else
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    because it cant be anything else
    But how do you know that? How do you know it's not a software problem? Have you tried another monitor to see if the problem persists? Computers are very complex things and something you may think is totally unrelated can cause problems. It's also exceptionally unusual to see integrated GPU issues. I don't see how you can ask for advice and then categorically know, without a shadow of a doubt what the problem is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acsel)
    But how do you know that? How do you know it's not a software problem? If you tried another monitor to see if the problem persists? Computers are very complex things and something you may think is totally unrelated can cause problems. It's also exceptionally unusual to see integrated GPU issues. I don't see how you can ask for advice and then categorically know, without a shadow of a doubt what the problem is.
    i have hooked up my laptop and the monitor works perfectly. Also, the oc cant run games even on lowest settings it just lags and freezes. Youtube videos r not clear either. Other than graphics it runs very fast

ReputationRep:
    u tried changing the resolution?
    on windows
    and in nvidia settings if you use a nvidia graphics card?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adamkk)
    u tried changing the resolution?
    on windows
    and in nvidia settings if you use a nvidia graphics card?
    yes but ni difference

ReputationRep:
    yes but ni difference
    right click desktop display settings?

ReputationRep:
    right click desktop display settings?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    yes
    you update all your drivers?

ReputationRep:
    you update all your drivers?
    yes ive tried everything

ReputationRep:
    1. Are drivers up to date? 2. How old is this computer? 3. Did this occur randomly?

ReputationRep:
    Thumbnails, you need to clean them. Open disk cleanup and make sure thumbnails are selected, actually just clean everything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BradleyAustin97)
    1. Are drivers up to date? 2. How old is this computer? 3. Did this occur randomly?
    basically i bought this PC second hand expecting to be able to game but wasnt exactly wht i was expecting. No it was not random

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by random_matt)
    Thumbnails, you need to clean them. Open disk cleanup and make sure thumbnails are selected, actually just clean everything.
    yes but its not only them thats the problem it can barely run games

ReputationRep:
    basically i bought this PC second hand expecting to be able to game but wasnt exactly wht i was expecting. No it was not random
    How long have you had the computer for? Did this occur suddenly?

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.