The Student Room Group

Provisional licence application & Document return

I know it says it takes up to 3 weeks to receive the documents back after applying for the provisional license, but I was wondering if anyone has recently applied so they could tell me a rough timescale in the busy summer months. There's posts about this from years ago but I wanted to know some recent experiences.

I sent my passport and application form off last week, I'm going on holiday on the 1st and i need my passport back before then. Got massive anxiety and just trying to ease my mind somehow. (I know, I should've waited to apply)
Reply 1
Original post by deecherry
I know it says it takes up to 3 weeks to receive the documents back after applying for the provisional license, but I was wondering if anyone has recently applied so they could tell me a rough timescale in the busy summer months. There's posts about this from years ago but I wanted to know some recent experiences.

I sent my passport and application form off last week, I'm going on holiday on the 1st and i need my passport back before then. Got massive anxiety and just trying to ease my mind somehow. (I know, I should've waited to apply)

Summer is the worst time, so expect 3 weeks.

Couple of things:
You could have applied online and not have to send anything off;
Why would you send your passport off with an unpredictable timescale for return when you needed it relatively soon?!

I'm afraid you should probably plan for your passport NOT to return on time just so you have a fallback plan in place.
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
Summer is the worst time, so expect 3 weeks.

Couple of things:
You could have applied online and not have to send anything off;
Why would you send your passport off with an unpredictable timescale for return when you needed it relatively soon?!

I'm afraid you should probably plan for your passport NOT to return on time just so you have a fallback plan in place.

I did apply online but I didn't have a UK passport, so I had to send my ID with the return form.
And I haven't booked anything yet, this "holiday" just came up yesterday, but it's an important one so I can't miss out.
Reply 3
I did apply online but I didn't have a UK passport, so I had to send my ID with the return form.
And I haven't booked anything yet, this "holiday" just came up yesterday, but it's an important one so I can't miss out.

You've lost me.. you didn't have a passport, and yet you managed to send one off in the post?
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
You've lost me.. you didn't have a passport, and yet you managed to send one off in the post?

Didn't have a UK Passport, only a Polish one. They only accept UK Passports through the online application.
Reply 5
Didn't have a UK Passport, only a Polish one. They only accept UK Passports through the online application.

Ah, gotcha.

I'm afraid there's not much you can do other than wait and hope.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending