What do I need to get in my third year to get a first or a 2:1?

Watch this thread
HunBun
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am terrible at maths!! My average for my second year is 63%. What do I need to get in my third year for a First or a 2:1?

Thanks in advance.
Student-95
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
You need to tell us what each year is worth
Falmouth Uni Games Academy (Computing)
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
According to Falmouth's academic regulations, degree classifications are made based on one of two formulae. Either the weighted average of all marks received in the final year, or the weighted average of all marks received in second-year (33%) and the final year (67%). Whichever yields the best outcome:

3.33 In the case of a Bachelor’s degree with honours, where Falmouth University has
assessed all credit at stages 2 and 3 (Levels 5 and 6), either column A or column B below applies, whichever gives the better result. In the case of a placement year, the 120 Level 5 placement credits count towards the award but are not used in classification. Where Falmouth University has assessed only the credit at stage 3 (Level 6), the column A only applies. Where Falmouth University has assessed all credit at stage 3 (Level 6), and less than 120 credits at stage 2 (Level 5), the column A only applies.
A 1st is awarded at 70%, an upper-second class is awarded at 60%, a lower-second class is awarded at 50%, and a third is awarded at 40%.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (5)
45.45%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (5)
45.45%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (1)
9.09%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads