The Student Room Group

References for Work Experience?

If you state that you did work experience on your personal statement, would you be expected to give a reference to prove it is actually true?

I did 2 and a half months at a charity shop but they changed management so nobody was there, when I left, to talk to about a reference and provide one for me. It's been over half a year so they probably won't even remember me now...
Reply 1
Original post by haseeb_jarral
If you state that you did work experience on your personal statement, would you be expected to give a reference to prove it is actually true?

I did 2 and a half months at a charity shop but they changed management so nobody was there, when I left, to talk to about a reference and provide one for me. It's been over half a year so they probably won't even remember me now...

I’ve never known anyone have to give references for work experience.

No, you aren't expected to give a reference to prove it is true. If you are found to have lied on a CV in order to get a job/place etc, then that give the employer the right to immediate dismissal for gross misconduct, and possibly more, so that is considered reason enough to take information on a CV as true. For employment, ti is usually tested by questioning at interview.
How do you prove you volunteered?

Try to get a reference somehow or it will be pointless on your CV

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending