who voted for Brexit and now regrets it ...? Be Honest .. Watch

lightlyblue
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
its dragging and it all looks like a towerblock been built on a foundation of soap.
Pantera Fan Club
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I heard Portugal is great this time of year
Neilos
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I regret it purely because I'm sick to death of the constant whinging and *****ing, and the daily, often near-blanket 'news' coverage even if absolutely nothing happened.

Looking back, I was way past exhausted with all that crap before the referendum, so I should have voted remain just to make it go away.

(I didn't really care either way, so changing my vote wouldn't have been a big deal to me)
revolver777
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't. I'm now even more for leaving the EU than I was two years ago, partially down to the government's soft Chequers proposal, partially down to the EU's antics and everything that has gone in the EU since, and partially down to project fear still desperately trying to live on.
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This is just about implementation though (by people who are against it)

Do you think that Jacob Rees Mogg would do a good job nationalising The railways? Or that Jeremy Corbyn would do a good job privatising the nhs?

Brexit is a revolution and cannot be implemented by a technocratic elite who stand to lose out and are opposed to it on principle.
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Davij038)
This is just about implementation though (by people who are against it)

Do you think that Jacob Rees Mogg would do a good job nationalising The railways? Or that Jeremy Corbyn would do a good job privatising the nhs?

Brexit is a revolution and cannot be implemented by a technocratic elite who stand to lose out and are opposed to it on principle.
The only other option was to do it through parliment which wasn't going to happen any time soon at all. So you can count that one out.

If you want to leave the EU but don't think it can be done properly by the current make up of parliment and the civil service. Well then you should factor that in. Either try and build up this extra parlimentary movement, or just don't support Brexit via referendum. This is what Peter Hitchents did.

It's as neieve as stating you want to abolish the state without there being anything to replace it with.

So bascially leaving the EU and being successful in doing so is impossible. It can only be bad. So we shouldn't have done it and Cameron was a ****ing idiot who put party before the polity that lives in these islands.
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
The only other option was to do it through parliment which wasn't going to happen any time soon at all. So you can count that one out.

If you want to leave the EU but don't think it can be done properly by the current make up of parliment and the civil service. Well then you should factor that in. Either try and build up this extra parlimentary movement, or just don't support Brexit via referendum. This is what Peter Hitchents did.
No, that us phenomenaly dumb. The people were asked to expres their wishes and they did so.

Whilst often right, PH was wrong about this.

It's as neieve as stating you want to abolish the state without there being anything to replace it with.

So bascially leaving the EU and being successful in doing so is impossible. It can only be bad. So we shouldn't have done it and Cameron was a ****ing idiot who put party before the polity that lives in these islands.
Success can be subjective though. For instance, losing some gdp and having far less immigration may be a success to a ukip voter or a calamity to a Lib Dem.

Cameron was an idiot but is a titan compared to Theresa May
ChaoticButterfly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Davij038)
No, that us phenomenaly dumb. The people were asked to expres their wishes and they did so.

Success can be subjective though. For instance, losing some gdp and having far less immigration may be a success to a ukip voter or a calamity to a Lib Dem.

Cameron was an idiot but is a titan compared to Theresa May
I didn't say people should have refused to participate in it. It is the reason why I didn't vote for Leave though, even though I have bennite eurosceptic views. There was no good brexit and it was never and end in and of itself for me.

PH is almost always wrong about everything. That is if he even makes a point that can be enaged with as apposed to doing his usual thing of just waffling about his own "special" conservatism that everyone other than him is to stupid to understand.

Those things are not good things in and of themselves. Sure Brexit is good fro these poeple in spite of those things. But that is what I am saying. There was never a good Brexit outcome where we are just overwhelmingly better off in the ways normally given.

There is only Brexit with a cost. We cannot have a cost free or benificial Brexit. Those are the choices.
Davij038
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
I It is the reason why I didn't vote for Leave though, even though I have bennite eurosceptic views.
There was no good brexit and it was never and end in and of itself for me.
I think there’s some truth to this. As I’ve akeays said; the eu referendum was successfully turned into a referendum on immigration

That said I’m sure some sort of Ledit may have been possible and you could have seen some sort of opppsite reaction where ukippers voted remain as the better option 😂

PH is almost always wrong about everything. That is if he even makes a point that can be enaged with as apposed to doing his usual thing of just waffling about his own "special" conservatism that everyone other than him is to stupid to understand.
Example please.

His conservatism is pretty conventional,- he’s basically where Corbyn was in 1997 where everyone laughed st him and thought he was some old crack pot. I mean, he is, but not for the reasons blairites think.

Those things are not good things in and of themselves. Sure Brexit is good fro these poeple in spite of those things. But that is what I am saying. There was never a good Brexit outcome where we are just overwhelmingly better off in the ways normally given. .
I think you hit the nail on the head with the ‘ways normally given’ here:

If you’re only caring about material things then maybe so.

Even if people took an economic hit, if the government did certain things I think spiritually they could be better off.

Eg- women on paper have materially more than they’ve ever had before in terms of opportunities, privileges and goods. And yet, suicides, happiness, drug abuse has sky rocketed soncecrecords began.

I think people would rather cope with dignity than be rich under shame.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nah, this is top bantz.
math42
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Even if Brexit kills everyone on Earth, I will not regret my decision, because the result would have been the same regardless of my vote.
BlameImmigration
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not me! Just because the deep state are trying to kill of Brexit through issues like the Irish Border and Trade- they never tell us the full picture like on WTO terms we can have the same terms of trade as we have now for 10 years without being in the customs union meaning that the immigration can go down too.
Mister Fantastic
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I think this week the EU are starting to show the British public their true colours. Dominic Raab seems to changing direction by putting some onus on the EU to
negotiate. Taking the money off the table is a good start. It shouldn't even have been put on the table until we got a deal.
PilgrimOfTruth
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Will never regret voting Leave.

The EU's stance in the negotiations tells you all you need to know about this bunch of power mad megalomaniacs.

We should get out with a "No deal" as soon as humanly possible.

Get it done.
Grassh0pper
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Delusional remoaner MPs (and Lords) think by holding a second vote people will change their minds. This is exactly the type of arrogance that lost them the referendum in the first place. If anything their whinging has made the Eurosceptic sentiment stronger.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I'm more certain than ever that it was the right thing to do. The behaviour of the EU should tell you all you need to know.
pablo442
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Trinculo)
I'm more certain than ever that it was the right thing to do. The behaviour of the EU should tell you all you need to know.
Which behaviour? The behaviour where they defend the interests of their member countries?
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by pablo442)
Which behaviour? The behaviour where they defend the interests of their member countries?
The constant threats and bully boy tactics - that the EU never acts in the interests of any member country - only in the interests if the EU itself.

The constant politicking to make Brexit as bad as possible - simply to try and warn off any other member state thinking of leaving. Threats on security for no reason at all, that only harm the interests of member states.

The constant interference in internal British politics - pieces of filth like Barnier and Verhofstadt getting involved and constantly getting their oar in our government.

The main reason we have such chaos at the moment is due to Remainers not being able to come to terms with the result and trying to cause as much trouble as possible in the mistaken belief that things will change.

Remainers are caught in a lose/lose situation. If they are wrong, Britain prospers and their precious EU is shown to be what it is - a political vanity project and neo-imperialism. If they are right, they're in a failing country.
Reue
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
No regrets at all
StormDoggo
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I voted remain, but the main thing is just how drawn out it is. All this hassle over Brexit, even when/if it happens, there's going to be a lot to deal with.

It reminds me a bit of the 700 hours spent in parliament debating about fox hunting. While Brexit is a more important issue than that, it feels like parliament instead of debating over Brexit could have used the hours better on things that really matter in UK. Whether we were in the EU or not was not a main issue before the vote, we made it so. There were more pressing concerns.

I disliked the whole giving the vote to the people. It's the job of the people in government to do, not us, they're actually paid to research and take interest in it. Our choice is whether we choose to vote the MPs/Prime minister in or not. Was just a stupid move by Cameron in order to try and make it look like he had the people on his side. More a publicity stunt. He never would have done it if he thought people would actually vote for Brexit. I agree with some people here, someone who doesn't want Brexit it's difficult to implement it. Then again if you take someone who is pro-brexit, everyone else is worried he'll cause mass damage to the economy. Which is why the government on a whole should have decided not the people, so if there is a pro-brexit notion, they have the majority in parliament to back it.

What should have been done if it were to be put to a vote was to already have sound plans in place which would be conveyed to the people if the people voted Brexit. That of course never happened, which means both some pro-brexiters like farage could spout nonsense (which the more sensible pro-brexiters didn't hold the same views), and that when Brexit happened, there was no real plan what to do.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are cats selfish

Yes (144)
61.28%
No (91)
38.72%

Watched Threads