The Student Room Group

Nazi coursework

so for my A level coursework I am planning to do something related to Nazis and the Youth.
I need to come up with a few titles incase OCR don't approve, however im struggling to come up with one at all.

My main idea is 'How successful were the Nazis at indoctrination of Youths?' as it would allow my to talk about opposition etc and there is a variety of primary sources and interpretations.

I was wondering if anyone had any further suggestions or ideas (and good places to find interpretations / secondary sources other than books)
thanks
Original post by sophielouiseok
so for my A level coursework I am planning to do something related to Nazis and the Youth.
I need to come up with a few titles incase OCR don't approve, however im struggling to come up with one at all.

My main idea is 'How successful were the Nazis at indoctrination of Youths?' as it would allow my to talk about opposition etc and there is a variety of primary sources and interpretations.

I was wondering if anyone had any further suggestions or ideas (and good places to find interpretations / secondary sources other than books)
thanks

You really need to do research and come up with titles.

List the areas that interest you and devise an angle or thing you wnat to explore. You can make a question from there, but it is better to feel your way into it and decide once you know more.

It is a good area for sources as after the war many young Germans wrote their account and I would use amazon to track those books down then marketplace to pick up some of these books for pennies..

Your area is not uncommon and it balances on the idea of how much the war was to blame on the Nazis and propaganda v the responsibility and participation of the German people? Victims or active participants? How much did they believe or how much was nationalism or fear of being punished?
How effective was it in the long term?

Besides the actual accounts, then there are usually lots of museums and archives, especially ones relating to the holocaust.

Quick Reply

Latest