The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL Accommodations (Postgrad) 2018/19 Thread

Hi all,

Since accommodation allocations have started, I thought I would open up a thread so everyone can get a little support here.

Which halls have you been assigned to?

If you're looking for accommodation swaps (PG halls), feel free to share here too!
Reply 1
Hi,I haven't heard anything from them yet. I submitted my application in Mid April, but the website says they only started processing applications on the 1st July, and will start issuing offers from mid-July. So we should hear something soon.I wouldn't mind getting some advice on uni halls vs private accommodation options though. I am also thinking of staying with my BF in Highams Park, but it seems a bit far (not a Londoner so not sure about commute times).
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I have applied for accommodation as postgrad after the deadline (unfortunately I received my offer only a couple of weeks ago). Does anyone know if there is still a change for me to get accommodation through uni?
Have they started the allocation already? I submitted my application in April but still haven't heard from them yet. :s-smilie:
Also - just wondering if anyone knows if we will definitely get allocated to one of our preferences specified in the application, or it could be something else?
Reply 5
Hi @Tuyeni89

I'm looking out for alternative options as well, since I intend on staying with my boyfriend. I've found the student.com option to be pretty helpful but rather expensive - it is, however, imo, worth taking a studio from there if you're splitting the rent with your boyfriend anyway. They have great people who can help you out and send you suitable accoms options once you contact them.

@keep.dreaming check out this FAQ page: http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation/application/frequently-asked-questions/faqs-2018-19.pdf
They answer your question there - chances that you'll get accoms aren't high, but check out the links they provide for finding private housing.

@jellyyyju nope, from what I know, the allocated rooms can differ vastly from preferences. I've heard of people getting rooms completely mismatched to their expectations, and I'm sure it is also subject to the number of each type of room that you chose. Most postgrads end up in Stapleton given their huge no. of vacancies. It's mostly a bit of luck, I suppose.
Reply 6
So I got an offer at Max Rayne and I'm a mature post graduate student in my late twenties. I really didn't want to be with first and second years. I applied to all the post grad residences, Ann Stephenson was my first choice. Not super happy with my allocation to be honest.
Reply 7
Oh :frown: sorry to hear that. Perhaps we could start a postgrad accommodation swap here, if anyone else would like to change their accoms as well.
Reply 8
Original post by emilyuni
Oh :frown: sorry to hear that. Perhaps we could start a postgrad accommodation swap here, if anyone else would like to change their accoms as well.

Yeah, I would definitely be keen to swap. I have already posted on the swap forum for 2018. The student accommodation office has assured me that I will be housed with postgrad students though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending