The Student Room Group

Are accommodation offers an indication of Uni place?

I'm part of an Undergraduate Facebook page for Newcastle University and the majority of people are talking about which accommodation they've been offered.
I haven't heard anything from the Uni, but it is my insurance choice.
Do you think this is an indication that I didn't meet the entry requirements?
Thanks xx
Original post by lucyaskew
I'm part of an Undergraduate Facebook page for Newcastle University and the majority of people are talking about which accommodation they've been offered.
Thanks xx

Unless you've not done btec or a levels they couldn't have your results yet. Some universities don't offer accommodation to insurance choices until they've gotten a place so that could be the case with newcastle.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Unless you've not done btec or a levels they couldn't have your results yet. Some universities don't offer accommodation to insurance choices until they've gotten a place so that could be the case with newcastle.

Thank you! I was panicking a little bit haha
Original post by lucyaskew
Thanks xx

I've also put Newcastle as my insurance and haven't heard anything. I don't believe they give out accommodation offers to insurance students until results day if you end up going there. It says this on their website:

"Insurance Choice - allocated accommodation if the offer of a place to Newcastle is confirmed following receipt of exam results"

Hope that's helped calm you a bit!

Quick Reply