The Student Room Group

DofE pee

Hey I’m going on my DofE expedition at the end of August and one night we are wild camping (no toilets) the instructor said do it one night so you are prepared for gold as you will be wild camping all night but I have no idea how to pee outside I know people have asked this before but I’m getting anxious. Is it worth investing in a shewee whether for silver or gold and if you have any tips. Also how do I poo outside I don’t think I will on silver but I more than definitely will need to on gold. Please answer below how YOU would go (so boys don’t try and guess how girls go) alternately you can fill out a form here: https://goo.gl/forms/pGNqeQvVLQYqmLWl1
Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
bring some bog roll with you, film it and send it to me afterwards so I can use it for research
Original post by hanser
bring some bog roll with you, film it and send it to me afterwards so I can use it for research

And is your research watching people get covered in pee because that’s what’s going to happen
Trust me man, no one cares, just turn a corner and squat in a bush. No hyenas are going to chase after you. Bring a headtorch.
Reply 4
Original post by Jadetaylor00
Hey I’m going on my DofE expedition at the end of August and one night we are wild camping (no toilets) the instructor said do it one night so you are prepared for gold as you will be wild camping all night but I have no idea how to pee outside I know people have asked this before but I’m getting anxious. Is it worth investing in a shewee whether for silver or gold and if you have any tips. Also how do I poo outside I don’t think I will on silver but I more than definitely will need to on gold. Please answer below how YOU would go (so boys don’t try and guess how girls go) alternately you can fill out a form here: https://goo.gl/forms/pGNqeQvVLQYqmLWl1
Thanks

Weirdly enough I actually did wild camping for all of my Silver nights and none of my Gold but that's just how my school did it. Just take some wet wipes/loo roll and make sure the team have a trowel between them. Probably best not to announce you're going to the toilet before you do to avoid annoying teammates tagging along. It's not really anything to worry about to be honest. You're only wild camping for a night so it's not bad
Original post by Bobeth
Weirdly enough I actually did wild camping for all of my Silver nights and none of my Gold but that's just how my school did it. Just take some wet wipes/loo roll and make sure the team have a trowel between them. Probably best not to announce you're going to the toilet before you do to avoid annoying teammates tagging along. It's not really anything to worry about to be honest. You're only wild camping for a night so it's not bad

Thanks why would teammates want to come along
girls dont poo. dont say that its off putting
Reply 7
Thanks why would teammates want to come along

I just had an all male team so they thought it would funny to try and film but if you have a decent team that's not a problem. It was just something I wish I hadn't done lol
Original post by Bobeth
I just had an all male team so they thought it would funny to try and film but if you have a decent team that's not a problem. It was just something I wish I hadn't done lol

Oh okay my team are pretty decent
Reply 9
Oh okay my team are pretty decent

You're lucky then. DofE can be a great experience when you have a good team. Enjoy!
I did it no problem I just made sure I had some toilet roll and hand sanitizer with me
Original post by Bobeth
You're lucky then. DofE can be a great experience when you have a good team. Enjoy!

A lot of us are friends outside so we already get on
Original post by Shelly P
I did it no problem I just made sure I had some toilet roll and hand sanitizer with me

Okay
Reply 13
A lot of us are friends outside so we already get on

That makes everything easier then. Hopefully the heatwave won't still be around in August because it's a nightmare when it's hot!
Reply 14
me and a female friend went together for a pee but then again I am comfortable being naked in the wild I guess
Original post by Bobeth
That makes everything easier then. Hopefully the heatwave won't still be around in August because it's a nightmare when it's hot!

It’s going be so hot to walk
Reply 16
It’s going be so hot to walk

Yeah I just did my Gold exped in the Brecons with this heatwave and I literally roasted
Original post by Bobeth
Yeah I just did my Gold exped in the Brecons with this heatwave and I literally roasted

I can imagine
Original post by Maya I
me and a female friend went together for a pee but then again I am comfortable being naked in the wild I guess

Why are you comfortable being naked in the woods
Replied to your google form :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest