The Student Room Group

I can't get any matches on Tinder

Even though I waited for around 5 or 6 days, I can't seem to get any matches. Does that mean I am ugly as hell?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eneszkse
Even though I waited for around 5 or 6 days, I can't seem to get any matches. Does that mean I am ugly as hell?

Don’t rely on tinder. I’m sure you are beautiful. It’s sad cause tinder isn’t really reliable. Just be yourself and you will get guys easily. 😁
r u a girl
You pretty much need to be a 10/10 to get a match on there. If not, then it’ll be difficult for you to get a match.
You probably have bad pictures up

Typically photos that are you taking a picture of your face with the front cam of your phone won't look good. Put up photos that are someone taking a photo of you. Smile in the photos, have some outside or doing something, not just staged portrait photos for your tinder. If you have a dog put a dog pic up (seriously).
Tinder is based on looks. You must be unattractive to most.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by ProRoadman
Don’t rely on tinder. I’m sure you are beautiful. It’s sad cause tinder isn’t really reliable. Just be yourself and you will get guys easily. 😁

Did I accidentally sign up this site as a female? I am male bro. 😁
Original post by PullOutGameWeak
You pretty much need to be a 10/10 to get a match on there. If not, then it’ll be difficult for you to get a match.

I'm like a 6/10 and I have 300+ matches from using it since like April/May so you can get matches if you're not a 10
Original post by AndrewSCO
I'm like a 6/10 and I have 300+ matches from using it since like April/May so you can get matches if you're not a 10

Imo the app is for the hopeless and very desperate. Also, I don't see how a long term is likely with it.
Original post by The Weeknd
Imo the app is for the hopeless and very desperate. Also, I don't see how a long term is likely with it.

Thanks xo

And I went out with someone for 2/3 months who I met on tinder that would have been long term if it worked out better and been on many dates with girls with the intention of it being long term from both people so that can happen too
Did I accidentally sign up this site as a female? I am male bro. 😁

Well. Tinder isn’t reliable for guys or girls. Just don’t put yourself down man.

Clearly a 10/10 to the women out there :sexface:

What does your bio say? What impression do you think your pictures make? I have not swiped for someone because their pictures give off a creepy/arrogant vibe or their bio comes across as rude or not thought about at all. If you can get both right, you have a better chance! However, I don't think Tinder is as big as it once was because it is extremely hard to find decent people to date seriously on there. I'd recommend POF or OkCupid.
Don't worry, its just that tinder is overcrowded with guys. Even as a gay person youll get more matches than as a straight guy
Original post by PullOutGameWeak
Clearly a 10/10 to the women out there :sexface:

Nahhh dude, solid 6 :cute:
Original post by hannxm
What does your bio say? What impression do you think your pictures make? I have not swiped for someone because their pictures give off a creepy/arrogant vibe or their bio comes across as rude or not thought about at all. If you can get both right, you have a better chance! However, I don't think Tinder is as big as it once was because it is extremely hard to find decent people to date seriously on there. I'd recommend POF or OkCupid.

I don't get how people are cool with meeting strangers based on a few pictures and words on one's profile. Also, imagine you get spotted on tinder by someone who knows you. That would be awkward. Also, how do these sites protect your images/details. I don't want my future boss to find my stuff lmao.
Original post by The Weeknd
I don't get how people are cool with meeting strangers based on a few pictures and words on one's profile. Also, imagine you get spotted on tinder by someone who knows you. That would be awkward. Also, how do these sites protect your images/details. I don't want my future boss to find my stuff lmao.

Because you talk for a while before you meet and usually add each other on something else. And while it may be a bit socially unacceptable to be on normal dating sites that you may be worried about people seeing you on them it's not really weird to be on tinder because almost everyone is, tinder is pretty socially acceptable. And the only people that can see you on it are people that are on it themselves anyway. And there's pretty much no danger of a future boss finding your stuff.
Because you talk for a while before you meet and usually add each other on something else. And while it may be a bit socially unacceptable to be on normal dating sites that you may be worried about people seeing you on them it's not really weird to be on tinder because almost everyone is, tinder is pretty socially acceptable. And the only people that can see you on it are people that are on it themselves anyway. And there's pretty much no danger of a future boss finding your stuff.

Oh cool. For the record, I was asking for a mate of mine. The Weeknd doesn't look for girls. They look for him. 😂😂
(edited 5 years ago)
It's hard to respond unless if I know you. It could be that you're ugly but it could also be that you put bad photos up. Also I think girls are way more picky on tinder than guys. If you want to know if you're ugly, how would you feel if you saw yourself running up to you in a dark alleyway.
Tinder is so much fun
But yeah matching can take time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending