The Student Room Group

Is it possible to apply for uni now and start University this year ?

Hi all,
I think i finally decided that i want to go uni but im afraid it might be too late now.
Would it be possible to apply at UCAS now and still get accepted for University to start it this year 2018, or there is no hopes left and i should be looking for some different life plans?

Thanks for help !
Look at the courses you are interested in, contact the uni and explain your situation.

also look at clearing. basically courses that still have space open they want to fill

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/what-clearing
Reply 2
Thank you so much for reply.
How about student finance ? I read deadline for their application is i think may?
Original post by i3arty
Thank you so much for reply.
How about student finance ? I read deadline for their application is i think may?

With student finance, I made the application about this time last year and it came on time, so you should be fine
Reply 4
Hi, I was actually in the same position a week ago, first thing to do is contact the university’s you are interested in to see if they have the availability on the course you want to do and if they’ll need a reference, then do the UCAS application. Once it’s all done and they accept you (if you already have your grades you’ll have to send them to the university) then apply for student finance. As I said I started the full thing from start to finish on Monday last week, the uni gave me an unconditional offer on Thursday and my student finance was submitted Friday and accepted today. The student finance can take 6 weeks so if you get it in to them in the next week or so then you should be okay for the September (sorry this is so long)
(edited 5 years ago)
Sfe is super lax your fine.
Reply 6
Thank you a lot for replies guys ! I was starting to lose hopes.

Can i contact university via Email as im currently abroad till 15th august? Thanks !
Reply 7
I applied and got my offer last week!
Reply 8
Yes you can but the reply may take a bit longer but you should be okay

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending