The Student Room Group

How to layout GCSES CV

So with the government changing the GCSEs to numbers I'm left with a mixture of numbers and letters that I need to add to my CV.

I read online that most people don't list all of their grades and instead add a summery for example
10 GCSEs (A*-C), including English (A*) and Maths (A)

However with the new system I'm not too sure what I should list.
Reply 1
Original post by AdamCoffee
So with the government changing the GCSEs to numbers I'm left with a mixture of numbers and letters that I need to add to my CV.

I read online that most people don't list all of their grades and instead add a summery for example

https://www.studentjob.co.uk/application-tips/cv-example
This link may help.

If you only have GCSE grades or predicted ones, probably best to list them.. But it's upto you.

I would list the numbers first, then the letters. Or vice versa. :smile:
Original post by AdamCoffee

It's not necessary to list every subject/grade - it looks messy. What you read online is correct, I would use that format, e.g:

2013 - 2015: St Bob's High School for Delinquents
10 x GCSEs (A* - C), including English Language and Mathematics

I would not bother listing the numbers, personally - few employers will be familiar with them.
Reply 3
Original post by MKaur18
https://www.studentjob.co.uk/application-tips/cv-example
This link may help.

If you only have GCSE grades or predicted ones, probably best to list them.. But it's upto you.

I would list the numbers first, then the letters. Or vice versa. :smile:

Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending