The Student Room Group

I just got rejected from McDonalds for the 3rd time AMA

All I wanted was to save some money before uni but I guess that won't be happening now :cry:

(yes I am applying at other places too)
Original post by Milk Tea
All I wanted was to save some money before uni but I guess that won't be happening now :cry:

There. There. Don't feel too bad. Last summer, i applied to like 20 jobs and ended up being rejected by all of them. :frown:
Reply 2
Original post by ProRoadman
There. There. Don't feel too bad. Last summer, i applied to like 20 jobs and ended up being rejected by all of them. :frown:

me too! :smile:

OP there are plenty of McDonalds and fast-food places. just keep trying. what are you doing wrong? is it because you only want work for the summer? i think that was my killer last year.

Its very difficult getting interviews more. What experience for you have?

Did you have any second interviews?
Whats the reasons for the rejections?
Dw Op just keep applying for jobs i’m sure one will accept you. Its never nice getting rejected especially if you feel the interviews went well :frown:
Reply 6
why would you want to work there?
Are you telling them you only want to work for the summer?
Reply 8
Original post by ProRoadman

It sucks doesn't it :frown:

Original post by Joleee
me too! :smile:

OP there are plenty of McDonalds and fast-food places. just keep trying. what are you doing wrong? is it because you only want work for the summer? i think that was my killer last year.

At least someone can relate. I have friends that work there and they all seem to have got the job easily :colonhash:

I don't know tbh. I didn't mention anywhere on the application that I'd only be there for the summer (I didn't even get to the interviews :frown:)

Original post by Luke5125
Its very difficult getting interviews more. What experience for you have?

I've volunteered in a charity shop and worked in a school but that's about it. Didn't think McDonalds would be fussy about experience..

Original post by dandan312
Did you have any second interviews?

Nope

Original post by Sexybadman
Whats the reasons for the rejections?
Dw Op just keep applying for jobs i’m sure one will accept you. Its never nice getting rejected especially if you feel the interviews went well :frown:

They say they get too many applicants so they can't say. Thanks and I hope so :redface:

Original post by Kerchel
why would you want to work there?

Because I need the money :redface:

Original post by Duncan2012
Are you telling them you only want to work for the summer?

Nope
It sucks doesn't it :frown:

At least someone can relate. I have friends that work there and they all seem to have got the job easily :colonhash:

I don't know tbh. I didn't mention anywhere on the application that I'd only be there for the summer (I didn't even get to the interviews :frown:)

I've volunteered in a charity shop and worked in a school but that's about it. Didn't think McDonalds would be fussy about experience..

Nope

They say they get too many applicants so they can't say. Thanks and I hope so :redface:

Because I need the money :redface:

Nope

Yeah. It’s sucks a lot. But i’m not losing hope. I will get a job this summer before uni. Hoping you do too. 😁
I worked for mcdys for x amount of years and I had an interview recently for them I got rejected. it's honestly not that great to work for them, plenty of other fast food companies. try hotels/hospitality they cry out for people
Same, I worked for mcdonald's but moved to university. Came back and applied to a mcdonalds a bit closer to me and got rejected with no interview???
I’ve been rejected by them too when I was younger. Actually I’ve been rejected by: McDonalds, KFC, Lidl, boots, Superdrug, Tesco’s, Sommerfield (yeah I’m old), B&Q, M&S, Morrison’s, various cleaning agencies, more cafes and bars than I can count.

It’s bloody hard to get a job when you’re in school/a student. You’ll get there eventually, don’t put too much pressure on yourself.
Reply 13

if you're not too disheartened, next time try to speak to the manager and ask if they're hiring. and make sure you're dressed half decent (i mean no dirty clothes, make sure you shower).

i feel your pain brother!

Quick Reply

Latest