Turn on thread page Beta

Why is it that marriage numbers are falling.?

people don't like commitment anymore

i mean not that they did before but i dont know why it feels as if our generation is just so unfaithful

ReputationRep:
    Defo wouldn't get married before 28

ReputationRep:
    I definitely have to find a steady guy first. I hope before I am 30. I am about to turn 20 in less than a week.

ReputationRep:
    28-30 would be ideal, but you can't determine when you will fall in love, when it happens it happens.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    i like what ricky Gervais says about marriage which is that he is married in all ways except from in the eyes of God. so for me either 40+ or a long term relationship that lasts without marriage

ReputationRep:
    numbers are falling because previous generations felt forced that they had to marry. also, women nowadays have more rights and can spend more time focusing on a career and don't have to get married to be important

ReputationRep:
    23/24
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    28-32

you're not even a real adult til 25 mentally..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Whenever I've got my **** together. Could be a while.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeAgdgdgwngo)
    i like what ricky Gervais says about marriage which is that he is married in all ways except from in the eyes of God. so for me either 40+ or a long term relationship that lasts without marriage
    well is he married legally ? does his girlfriend get spousal pension benefits if he dies ? etc
    if not then he is just chatting ****

I'd like to first be successful career-wise and attain a level of my profession that I am proud of. Then I would consider marrying my boyfriend, so ideally 28-30?

ReputationRep:
    everyone says want to get married by this age. but why why get married is it even necessary?

(Original post by hannah00)
    well is he married legally ? does his girlfriend get spousal pension benefits if he dies ? etc
    if not then he is just chatting ****
    he is not married legally doesnt see the point of it

ReputationRep:
    id say 30+ but tbh marriage is pointless, costs alot of money for what in return? absolutely nothing worth anything rather spend that **** on something usefull for my children.

ReputationRep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 15, 2018
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.