Social Sciences with math requirements?

Watch
Joservela
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I want to study Economics and most universities require A level math at A which I don’t have. (Although universities like Glasgow doesn’t require it)

What are UG Degrees that usually don’t require Math as an specific subject requirement, I’m looking for something in the business area. ??? ( I’m doing this in order to see if I could get into the Uni I prefer even if it’s not for economics)
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Joservela)
I want to study Economics and most universities require A level math at A which I don’t have. (Although universities like Glasgow doesn’t require it)

What are UG Degrees that usually don’t require Math as an specific subject requirement, I’m looking for something in the business area. ??? ( I’m doing this in order to see if I could get into the Uni I prefer even if it’s not for economics)
most subjects wont require Maths other than Economics or Accountancy but you will have to check the individual requirements at each university. This includes courses like Business Studies, Marketing, Management and Politics. I believe the following universities do not require A level Maths for Economics East Anglia, Kent, Lancaster, Newcastle, Nottingham, Royal Holloway and Sussex.
Realitysreflexx
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Good economics degrees will all require maths A level.

Though some courses as within my business school, Nottingham industrial economics only require gcse maths grade B. This is however business economics.
Very similar but just more focused on practical business application.https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/ugstudy...economics.aspx

Doing a BA in economics can also be an option, however not going to be at great universities.

If your looking for a prestigious economics course you will need A level maths somehow.
ageshallnot
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Which uni do you prefer?
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ageshallnot)
Which uni do you prefer?
This is a thread OP started giving the universities
I meet the Entry requirements for international students for Loughborough, Glasgow, Bristol, Lancaster, QMUL and Exeter. How likely is it that I will get an offer for any of those unis?

Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or However it appears the Maths requirement is a problem
Joservela
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
This is a thread OP started giving the universities
I meet the Entry requirements for international students for Loughborough, Glasgow, Bristol, Lancaster, QMUL and Exeter. How likely is it that I will get an offer for any of those unis?

Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or However it appears the Maths requirement is a problem
For those unis I meet the overall entry requirements, however, for some of those I don’t meet the entry requirements specifically for Economics. That’s why I want to know social sciences somewhat like economics without Math requirements, so that I can actually attend the school I want from that group.
University of East Anglia
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago

Hi Joservela,

As swanseajack1 has stated, the ABB entry requirement for the BSc Economics course at University of East Anglia does not require A Level maths. As you said that you are interested in business, have you considered our BSc Business Economics course? Economics at UEA consistently performs well in league tables and rankings, and has recently been ranked in the Top 10 Economics Departments in the UK (2019 Guardian League Table)!

If you would like to know more about Economics at UEA, or more about the University itself, I would recommend utilizing our ‘Ask a Student’ page on our website. We have a current Economics student who can answer your questions here.

I hope this informs your University search. If you have any questions, please do ask! Best of luck

-Sian, UEA Official Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (117)
27.08%
England (154)
35.65%
Belgium (33)
7.64%
Germany (42)
9.72%
Spain (10)
2.31%