The Student Room Group

What is it about men in suits that women like so much?

Simple question really. I don't wear suits a lot because I don't have a lifestyle that requires me to wear a suit a lot, also when it comes to relationships or just women taking an interest in me in general I have very little to no luck.

However, this past weekend I went to the races with my mates, I wore a grey skinny fit three piece suit, brown shoes and a tie and I actually managed to get phone numbers from two different women, I didn't do any chasing I was just there to enjoy the day, they came up to me and chatted to me. Normally if I was wearing my normal clothes this wouldn't have happened so what is it about men in suits that women like so much?

Scroll to see replies

They look smart and alluring! Especially with sunglasses :heart:
Original post by Anonymous
Simple question really. I don't wear suits a lot because I don't have a lifestyle that requires me to wear a suit a lot, also when it comes to relationships or just women taking an interest in me in general I have very little to no luck.

However, this past weekend I went to the races with my mates, I wore a grey skinny fit three piece suit, brown shoes and a tie and I actually managed to get phone numbers from two different women, I didn't do any chasing I was just there to enjoy the day, they came up to me and chatted to me. Normally if I was wearing my normal clothes this wouldn't have happened so what is it about men in suits that women like so much?

I have the opposite, i find women in suits cute!
Original post by AppleB
They look smart and alluring! Especially with sunglasses :heart:

Well. Maybe this Roadman should become a gentleman.
Suits look good in general, tailored ones more so. There's a reason they stubbornly refuse to go out of fashion - acceptable anywhere, designed to flatter and boost confidence.
suits. i wear brown sandals and skinny jeans and a vest. i got girlfriends so it does not matter what you wear it matters what is inside and not on the outside.
It's the whole thing of the suit wearer appearing to have put effort into his appearance.
Original post by nameemalsubab
suits. i wear brown sandals and skinny jeans and a vest. i got girlfriends so it does not matter what you wear it matters what is inside and not on the outside.

Apart from those times where what's on the outside matters, then yr humped :biggrin:
Facial hair
Don't forget a doctor :smile:
Coz u look like a baller wid loadsa money innit :gthumb:
If you're attractive like (+8/10) then you could even wear a bin bag and women will find you attractive
Reply 12
You look well presented and approachable in a suit. However, it's all preferance. Maybe it was the event that you were at instead of the suit?Just a thought.
x
Original post by ProRoadman
Well. Maybe this Roadman should become a gentleman.

Wot u sayin
Original post by AppleB
Wot u sayin

Might have to become a gentleman. Grow past the Roadman.
It makes them look confident in themselves.
it just looks seek and sophisticated like you can hold your own it's very sexy
I doubt that your suit was of much interest to the women who wanted to chat with you.
More likely that they just liked you and enjoy socializing at the races.

Men in suits tend to look smart, projecting a well presented and professional image of themselves.
That said I'm not much of a fan of waistcoats, tailcoats or top hats.
Too fussy for most people to wear habitually but relished by sartorial snobs.

Original post by Anonymous

I don't! Suits seem stuffy and overformal and uncomfortable to me, so I much prefer a guy in shorts and a T-shirt.
Skinny fit suits with shades and special cut hair... yessss.. bring the prosecco! And the hands in pockets with that sideways stance!

Quick Reply