The Student Room Group

Love Island: Does the show have a race, age and body diversity problem?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ANM775
I linked this video about a week ago in the official love island thread :biggrin:

😂 sorry.
Reply 81
I hate when people deep love island too much. It's a reality show... it's supposed to be young people and the target audience is young people plus they've actually been really diverse when it comes to age this year and it hasnt really helped laura. There's only like what 13 people in the show so they cant have a lot of age diversity since there wont be enough people being compatible.
Body- no, again its meant to be (young) attractive people- that's the point and when it comes to curves/ thickness lets be honestmost european women have that body type/ shape in the first place.
Diversity- no- this is england, a white country with only 3% of black people and 7% of asain (given the last consensus) they shouldnt have that many ethnic minorities because it isnt representative of the population and if anything they already have to many coloured people, especially biracials and this is coming from a person of colour. Plus most people who watch the show are white anyway.
When it comes to samira, i feel for her (she was my fav) but coming into a show were there's mostly white males and most people date their own race due to assortative dating so she knows what she got herself into :/
America! Nuke Love Island for us please. It's just some 50-year old executives watching the gullible, bumbling masses hypocritically laugh at their own ignorance embodied in other people and raking in the profits.
No diversity problem. If anyone sees a problem they can produce a show in any image they see fit.

Isn't capitalism great?

Quick Reply