username4175768
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi. I'm on the Psychology pathway and am wondering what these two modules are like. I was going to start DD210 this year, but have heard some worrying things about the workload. I'd be grateful for any info about these two courses. I don't know which would be best to do first. As it would be a first level 2, I'd like to do the one that is least stressful first in terms of keeping up. Thanks!
Chelly_Bean
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hiya, I’ve studied DE200. It is a very intense course in terms of coursework deadlines in relation to time spent learning the materials to pass the courseworks. It’s split into 2 iCMA’s and 5 TMA’s and 1 Exam at the end of the course. It is enjoyable and will definitely give you a great foundation for DE300. Overall I do recommend it as it really helps with getting your head around research methods!
username4175768
Rep:
?
Hi, thanks for the reply. I was starting to think no one would respond I did get the impression that DE200 was a little heavy, but what are the TMAs like? I've seen snippets of a different level 2, and there were about 5 essays of 2000 words, with a final one of 3000. I love studying, so that part isn't a problem. I can't say the same about writing essays, though!
Chelly_Bean
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Essays were roughly 1500 words but everything is broken up quite nicely as different tasks. If I remember correctly the first task is a poster?! At least it was last year. I think it was 5 TMA’s 2 iCMA’s and 1 Exam anyway. The tutors are very supportive though so even if you struggle you’ll get through it 😊
username4175768
Rep:
?
Thank you, that's reassuring. I've been very worried about the jump between level 1 and level 2. If I'm honest, I felt the end of level 1 was a little tough... So the thought of it getting much harder is scary. But I do like the idea of some non-essay TMAs, like the poster. I kind of feel like what I'm really getting a degree in is writing! )

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to reply. I really do appreciate. Good luck with the rest of your studies, if you're still in the midst of it all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (220)
23.66%
Pop (230)
24.73%
Jazz (35)