millieslater24x
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, so currently I'm studying A levels: Biology, Psychology and BTEC level 3 Health and Social Care and I'm wanting to become a ultrasound technician (sonographer) overall.

After looking online I found that you need to have a diagnostic radiography degree first and then do medical ultrasound, the University of Liverpool is my first choice at the minute with the entry requirements of BBB.

Since I'm doing National Extended Certificate for Health and Social would it pass as a B?
And also can I go to another university after Liverpool to do my medical ultrasound degree since they don't offer it?

Thank you so much!
Emmjb84
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Hi! I'm a graduate of Diagnostic Radiography at Liverpool. Uni's in the North West that offer the post-grad ultrasound course are Cumbria, Salford. I did my my MSc Ultrasound at Cumbria. It's a brilliant Uni, really supportive. They offer a direct entry Ultrasound course for people with an undergraduate degree. Birmingham also offer an undergraduate degree in Ultrasound - so you wouldn't necessarily have to do Radiography degree if you are sure you want to be a Sonographer. Or, you could do a different health related undergraduate such as Biochemistry, Nursing, Anatomy etc, then apply to do the post grad/MSc course at Cumbria.
LatifahShii
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by Emmjb84)
Hi! I'm a graduate of Diagnostic Radiography at Liverpool. Uni's in the North West that offer the post-grad ultrasound course are Cumbria, Salford. I did my my MSc Ultrasound at Cumbria. It's a brilliant Uni, really supportive. They offer a direct entry Ultrasound course for people with an undergraduate degree. Birmingham also offer an undergraduate degree in Ultrasound - so you wouldn't necessarily have to do Radiography degree if you are sure you want to be a Sonographer. Or, you could do a different health related undergraduate such as Biochemistry, Nursing, Anatomy etc, then apply to do the post grad/MSc course at Cumbria.
Hi what are the modules in ultrasound program. Just want to ask how intense is it? Are they all lecturing in 1st year and then placement or is it placements more! How many exams and assignments etc please xx
Yentl
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
Can I please ask how did you source a clinical placement??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (118)
33.71%
Yes - a trusted person (95)
27.14%
No (93)
26.57%
I'm not sure (44)
12.57%

Watched Threads