feeling confused, relationship advice please Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hey, im a first year uni student and throughout the year whilst i was away (my uni is 3 hours from home) i was having so many doubts about me and my boyfriend. (i have been with my boyfriend for just over a year right now)
During my study, my bf would not talk to me that much, not reply to me, ignore messages, he wouldn't really try to make time for me, i would try to talk to him about my feelings and he would dismiss, and u know, it ****s you up...you love someone and would give/do almost anything for them and u dont get it back. Anyway, when i started feeling so **** i became quite close with one of my boy friends from uni, (not in that way, but like emotionally?) anyway, i started to feel distant from my bf and to be honest at this point i didn't care because i was so hurt.

anyway now i have another problem, i've been back at home for about a month now and over the past 2 weeks...ive really begun to feel weird. I feel like how I did at university ^ distracted, my heads elsewhere, except its my fault, my boyfriend is being so loving recently so like its cofnusing
Long story short, ive been feeling interested in one of my friends who i hang out with for a few days now, and it just makes me think, why am i feeling this way towards others? i dont fancy this guy, like he wont give me more than my boyfriend does, i dont want to love anyone else like i love my boyfriend, but why am i feeling so confused, i feel like i want to spend time with this other boy in more than a friends way
my bf is going away for 3 weeks as well which makes this so much worse
like guys what the **** do i need a break or smth?
cheesecakelove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Was there any reason that your boyfriend distanced himself away from you when you were studying?

The way you are feeling could be because of how your boyfriend treated you in the past, did you ever talk to him about this? I don't know if you like the new guy, perhaps it points to a problem with your current relationship?
Tj8
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You need to ask your boyfriend why he's being so distant when you are away. Maybe he feels not very connected to you when your physically far away for long periods of time and so doesn't make the effort or something? Maybe ask him if there's something else going on in his life? It's good that he's so loving when you are together but it seems like you don't feel very supported by him or very stable.
As Cheesecakelove said, perhaps you liking somoney new points to the fact that there are flaws in your relationship?
The best thing is just to talk to him.
x
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
The other guy is giving you the attention your boyfriend isn't, hence you wanna spend time with the other guy. By keeping this up the bf is gonna drift further and further away whilst you get closer to the new guy. If you wanna be with your bf stop spending time with this guy and try and spend more with the bf, it is both of yours responsibility to fix this.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you vote in the 2019 general election?

Yes (406)
43.7%
No (97)
10.44%
I'm not old enough (426)
45.86%

Watched Threads