The Student Room Group

Model casting wearing acrylics?

I've applied to a modelling agency in Manchester and the day after, they invited me to one of their castings. They said I need to come in completely natural (no makeup, tan and NAILS) but I still have my acrylic nails from prom. I don't want to take them off just yet but will they turn me away if I arrive with them on?
It's not difficult to scrape things off your nails?

Or if you actually mean you can take them off, then you can wear them again after the casting?
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by angela19xoxo
I've applied to a modelling agency in Manchester and the day after, they invited me to one of their castings. They said I need to come in completely natural (no makeup, tan and NAILS) but I still have my acrylic nails from prom. I don't want to take them off just yet but will they turn me away if I arrive with them on?

Well they’ve asked you not to wear them and they probably have a reason for it
Original post by hello_shawn
It's not difficult to scrape things off your nails?

Or if you actually mean you can take them off, then you can wear them again after the casting?

Trust me it's a pain
If you're serious about modelling, you'll take your nails off. Do what they've asked.
If you’re not going to take them off don’t bother going, you’re clearly not serious about it if you’re choosing nails over a potential career.

Quick Reply

Latest