How long should a training session last for.

Watch
Nuelthesupreme
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Training sessions vary in time with different people depending on why your training, what your are training and how long you've been training for. Typically a session could be anywhere between 45mins - 1hr but often time people are in the gym for a lot longer while others are not in the gym for that long .

There are several reasons that could affect your time in the gym 'like not knowing what to do next during a session, which could make the session either longer or shorter because your time is either wasted or you give up and leave sooner than expected, other reasons are rest time between set, the type of training, how many people your training with etc.

Different goals require different type of training some are high intensity which in body-building means less rest time and in strength training it's training with heavier weights which require more rest time between sets and we know that longer rest times means longer sessions. Goals change with time so will your time in the gym, to determine how long you should be in the gym for you have to understand and get better with your training so you can tell more accurately how long you spend in the gym because everyone is different but without the time or money for services like personal trainers the answer we need are often not found for a long time if at all.

To help you understand how to train and have better training sessions the self trainer was created. A feature of the self trainer is the workout system that contains everything you need to create a workout that best fits your time schedules, with the better understanding gained and consistency the self trainer will bring a lot more structure to your training and you know just how long you will be in the gym each day.
Angry cucumber
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For lifting 45mins - 1.5hours

Cardio - depends what you're doing
Unistudent77
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Don’t understand this thread

Title is a question but post by OP seems like a direct lift from an online source

Anyway, see above from Cucumber. I’d say most people spend too little time in the gym. Be in for as long as you need to get your training in
londinondi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Angry cucumber)
For lifting 45mins - 1.5hours

Cardio - depends what you're doing
running?
Angry cucumber
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by londinondi)
running?
Depends what your goal is, your current fitness level etc
yudothis
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Unistudent77)
Don’t understand this thread

Title is a question but post by OP seems like a direct lift from an online source

Anyway, see above from Cucumber. I’d say most people spend too little time in the gym. Be in for as long as you need to get your training in
It's not too little time, it's too much wasted time. TUT matters, you can kill any muscle group in 5-10 minutes. You can easily (without having to change weights around that can take up a lot of time) cover 4 muscle groups in half an hour.
It's****ingWOODY
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Unistudent77)
I think people spend too much time, if anything. Get in, work hard, get out, no ****ing about. I can get a good, productive growth-stimulating workout into half an hour. No need to be in there for more than an hour, I'd have to really pace myself to last an hour and a half.
AverageHuman
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
You're such a god damn moron aren't ya? YOU'RE FORGETTING THE REAL F**KING FOOD GOD DAMN IT!
Student-95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
30-45 minutes.
Tommy Vercetti
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just go to the gym and start making yourself AWLL KINDZ OF GAINZ... AWLL KINDZ...
Unistudent77
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by yudothis)
It's not too little time, it's too much wasted time. TUT matters, you can kill any muscle group in 5-10 minutes. You can easily (without having to change weights around that can take up a lot of time) cover 4 muscle groups in half an hour.
Yeah fair points. I think people muck about so much and then run out of time so don’t cover everything

(Original post by It's****ingWOODY)
I think people spend too much time, if anything. Get in, work hard, get out, no ****ing about. I can get a good, productive growth-stimulating workout into half an hour. No need to be in there for more than an hour, I'd have to really pace myself to last an hour and a half.
Yeah I agree with the hour point.

It does depend on how busy the gym is though, i’m lucky that mine is pretty quiet
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (153)
14.5%
I'm not sure (46)
4.36%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (312)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (29)
2.75%
I'm not a current university student (515)
48.82%

Watched Threads