The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

Mary Chapman/city rooms?

Hi,

I like the look and price of Mary Chapman, but is it better to be on campus during first year? Whilst I'm not particularly in to drinking/clubbing, I don't want to miss out on other social things? Saying that, I do like my own space. Are the city rooms quieter/more international?
Any other experience's of them?

Thanks
Original post by Mercury 123
Hi,

I like the look and price of Mary Chapman, but is it better to be on campus during first year? Whilst I'm not particularly in to drinking/clubbing, I don't want to miss out on other social things? Saying that, I do like my own space. Are the city rooms quieter/more international?

Thanks

Not into drinking and clubbing, so don't go to MCC. The main reason for going there is so you are closer to the clubs.
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Mercury 123
Hi,

Thanks

Hey, I lived in Mary Chapman back in 2014 and got to know a fair few people who lived there this past year. It's not necessarily any more or less club-centric than any other accommodation. People primarily choose rooms there because they're cheaper, first and foremost.
Obviously being in the city, you'll have the luxury of walking to city clubs as opposed to getting the bus, but in my experience people on campus go out just as much.
The flats are definitely more popular with international students and because it's so small, you'll get to know everyone around. The bedrooms are huge but pretty sad-looking inside. In my experience, comparing to when I lived in the Ziggs and the Village, there's less party noise at MCC (could have something to do with the heavy concrete walls) but you'll deal with different kinds of noise, particularly if your room faces onto the main road opposite the Premier Inn.
If you're looking for a quieter experience but don't want to miss out on social opportunities, I'd recommend Wolfson Close (where I'll be living in September). It's on the edge of campus, very small and also sad-looking but has a more mellow reputation than other on-campus places.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending