Turn on thread page Beta

EPQ on world issues/ international development ideas? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I’m doing an EPQ and want to base it off of international developments/ world issues. My teacher said it needs to be something that is measured, proved and can be argued for.

Any ideas of what I can do?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
    • Community Assistant
    • Answer Heroes

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Answer Heroes
    (Original post by sacha.j.marques)
    I’m doing an EPQ and want to base it off of international developments/ world issues. My teacher said it needs to be something that is measured, proved and can be argued for.

Nothing has to be "proved", just substantiated.

You could do something on the environment/climate change.

Or migration is a big thing at the moment. Is Humanity losing it's connection to places?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sacha.j.marques)

Hello. Just finished year 12, I’m planning on studying international development at undergraduate level.

I also based my EPQ on international development. I did mine on the stagnation in economic development in DR Congo, I explored economic, social and political factors of the nation... and how all these factors were synoptic and had a domino effect on each other.

Lots of work, but all in all I enjoyed it. I was told I achieved an A, however I’m not getting my hopes up as I want to see it on paper first.

But I’m thinking about applying to Leeds and other universities, but Leeds is my main aim.

So you can just base it on a country, whether they are a developing one or a highly developed contemporary one.

Hopefully I can get an offer , just trying to structure my personal statement...

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.