The Student Room Group

EPQ on world issues/ international development ideas?

I’m doing an EPQ and want to base it off of international developments/ world issues. My teacher said it needs to be something that is measured, proved and can be argued for.

Any ideas of what I can do?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by sacha.j.marques
I’m doing an EPQ and want to base it off of international developments/ world issues. My teacher said it needs to be something that is measured, proved and can be argued for.

Nothing has to be "proved", just substantiated.

You could do something on the environment/climate change.

Or migration is a big thing at the moment. Is Humanity losing it's connection to places?
Reply 3
Original post by sacha.j.marques

Hello. Just finished year 12, I’m planning on studying international development at undergraduate level.

I also based my EPQ on international development. I did mine on the stagnation in economic development in DR Congo, I explored economic, social and political factors of the nation... and how all these factors were synoptic and had a domino effect on each other.

Lots of work, but all in all I enjoyed it. I was told I achieved an A, however I’m not getting my hopes up as I want to see it on paper first.

But I’m thinking about applying to Leeds and other universities, but Leeds is my main aim.

So you can just base it on a country, whether they are a developing one or a highly developed contemporary one.

Hopefully I can get an offer , just trying to structure my personal statement...
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending