The Student Room Group

International student from Italy! Help!

Hello there!
I'm Roberta and I'm a student from Italy and I have a few questions. I'm sitting to UKCAT this september and I'm making a list of the Universities where I can apply. Since I'm from Italy I have a diploma di stato (90/100 grade), but no A-levels (I don't even know if I can take them and when and how). I wrote an email to Birmingham asking if my diploma was enought and the answered they won't consider my diploma without any A-levels. Now, I don't know how it works. Does that mean that I can't apply to any university because I don't have any A-levels? And how A-levels work? Could I sit for them since I'm an italian student? Please help me I don't know what to do.
Reply 1
Hi, Roberta!

During the application process, you will be asked a document from your school (your "pagelle" are fine) confirming which subject you have studied during your 5 years, how long you have studied them, and the marks received in your last year (and a copy of your Diploma di Stato, of course).

Good luck with your studies!
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your response! I thought I had to make another exam!
Reply 3
No worries!
I went thru the application process this year and it can be a bit overwhelming at first.

P.S. By the way, your school should be able to provide you with a certificate comprehensive of all the information (easier than having to scan your pagelle)
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 4
Yep it is since all universities requires different levels and grades, and your grade could change from a place to another! Now I hope I get a good grade in my UKCAT test and then I'll wait for what happens next...
Reply 5
Good luck on your UKCAT!
Reply 6
Thank you!
Reply 7
Hi! I’ve received an offer this year and I come from Italy. You will have to set the IELTS, but the most important thing is that I think almost every university requires at least 95/100. You can check in their entry requirements page looking for EU qualifications requirements
Reply 8
Hi! thank you for your answer, I have a question: doing a foundation year could be enough for gettind into medicine even though I don't have the grades they want?
Reply 9
Original post by robs97
Hi! thank you for your answer, I have a question: doing a foundation year could be enough for gettind into medicine even though I don't have the grades they want?

I have a question...
Why did you choose the UK instead of Pavia and Milan?
Any particular reason?
Reply 10
Hi! Yes, I considered Milan, but there are too many applicants in Italy right now for not so many places (last year we were aroung 75k and the places were only 10k). Then, I considered the fact that education in Italy is not the best, expecially in Italy where you hardly practice during your degree. Also, if you an indipendent student, there are job opportunities but with a part-time job you risk not to have enough money for the rent.
Reply 11
Welp I am applying to Pavia :frown:
English tho...I thought it is rather decent when considering the situation of other Eastern European countries
Reply 12
Well Pavia its a beautiful city and its not as expensive as Milan! I made my decision also based on the fact that I wont take a scholarship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending